Droid Incredible 2 vs Samsung Stratosphere

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I have an upgrade available that I'm going to give to my mom as a random gift. She currently has an older Blackberry, and she wants to move to Android or iOS. I could never give her an iPhone, and the Incredible 2 and Strat are free to me. So I'm wondering, besides the keyboard and 4G for the Strat, what are the advantages for each phone.

Any help would be great :)

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how old your mom is, but many "older" users prefer a larger screen and a hard keyboard.

I LOVE my DInc2, but my boss LOVES his Samsung Charge for the larger screen.

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how old your mom is, but many "older" users prefer a larger screen and a hard keyboard.

I LOVE my DInc2, but my boss LOVES his Samsung Charge for the larger screen.

They both have the same size screen. I'm not sure if the keyboard is the reason to get it.

Sent from my ICSTB

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I both had Fascinates, and they were nothing but trouble from day 1. The building quality was terrible, the software was horrible, and the hardware (radio, gps, etc.) was pathetically week. We traded up to Inc2s and love them. The difference is night and day. The *only* thing Samsung has going for them is the screens, otherwise, in my opinion, their phones are garbage.

I'd say to get your mom the Inc2, it works perfectly right out of the box, bone stock. Enen though it's not a dual-core, it's fast and it gets great battery life, I typically get 2 days on a charge.

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both had Fascinates, and they were nothing but trouble from day 1. The building quality was terrible, the software was horrible, and the hardware (radio, gps, etc.) was pathetically week. We traded up to Inc2s and love them. The difference is night and day. The *only* thing Samsung has going for them is the screens, otherwise, in my opinion, their phones are garbage.

I'd say to get your mom the Inc2, it works perfectly right out of the box, bone stock. Enen though it's not a dual-core, it's fast and it gets great battery life, I typically get 2 days on a charge.

You really swayed my thinking here. I think my mom will be fine without 4G, and Sense will really help her with syncing contacts and such.

Sent from my ICSTB

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Something to think about, the HTC Droid Incredible 2 will be discontinued very very soon.

Would that only affect me if the phone broke and needed to get replaced? That wouldn't affect me in any other way, correct? As long as the phone works, I'm not too concerned about updates.

Sent from my ICSTB

pingplayer01

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Would that only affect me if the phone broke and needed to get replaced? That wouldn't affect me in any other way, correct? As long as the phone works, I'm not too concerned about updates.

Sent from my ICSTB

Well its not that. Its just that the phone is out of date. There are better and newer things out there that can be looked at too.

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is a huge thing for me. I'm not going to 4G until battery life improves without needing massive extended-life batteries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks