Stuck on White HTC startup screen

eschwartz15

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought an unlocked Incredible 2 3 days ago and all of a sudden the phone froze and will not turn back on past the white htc screen. This is my first android and was very excited about getting it but now I can't even use my phone.

I tried the following:
1. Placing the PM31IMG.zip file on a FAT32 formatted SD card and loading the boot menu.
2. Factory reset on the boot menu. (just freezes the boot menu)
3. Booting into recovery (shows the updating verizon software screen for a few seconds and then goes black.

Like I stated earlier this is my first android phone so I am fairly new to how they operate internally. However I am fairly tech savvy and just looking for guidance on how to get the phone up and running again.

If there is anyone out there that can help me it would be greatly appreciated as I have to get this phone working since I will have people calling me in reference to jobs this week and I have to be able to get those calls.

The phone needs to be unlocked for gsm usage with simple mobile which it was before it crashed.

Thank you so much!

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Well first off you should know that any file named PM31IMG.zip is for the Incredible, not the Incredible 2. The Incredible 2 is PG32IMG.zip.

And what were you trying to flash? A radio I take it? The phone would have to be S-OFF for you to be able to do that in the first place. Do you know if it is?

So... To me it looks like you just made your phone a paperweight; you bricked it essentially. Flashing things made for other phones will do that. Maybe someone else might know but I don't think there's much you can do. Sorry.

eschwartz15

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I have not flashed anything yet. Since I named the file incorrectly it did not load in the bootloader. I am unsure if it was S-Off before the white htc screen started freezing on startup.

I was not trying to flash anything, I was content with the way the phone was when I bought it but then all of a sudden it froze then did not get past the white htc screen.

Basically I am just trying to get the phone back to working condition even if its just back to stock. There are so many files out there and I am unsure which one would be the correct one.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...uide-unroot-revolutionary-incredible-2-a.html

Follow this guide and get yourself back to 2.3.3 then go and download the root tool and get your beta code. Follow the instructions to regain s-off and super user access. Then when you get there you have a couple of choices.

It should be straight forward and easy enough to follow. If you need a hand with some of it don't be afraid to ask.

Reactions: eschwartz15

eschwartz15

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...uide-unroot-revolutionary-incredible-2-a.html

Follow this guide and get yourself back to 2.3.3 then go and download the root tool and get your beta code. Follow the instructions to regain s-off and super user access. Then when you get there you have a couple of choices.

It should be straight forward and easy enough to follow. If you need a hand with some of it don't be afraid to ask.

I attempted many times to access the link for the download on multiupload from 2 different computers but it is not loading. Is there another site where I can download the file to get s-off?

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes if you follow the link in that post to the root wiki post that is similar and down load that package it should have everything you need to get there. I will look an see if I have it still as well.

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I have not flashed anything yet. Since I named the file incorrectly it did not load in the bootloader. I am unsure if it was S-Off before the white htc screen started freezing on startup.

I was not trying to flash anything, I was content with the way the phone was when I bought it but then all of a sudden it froze then did not get past the white htc screen.

Basically I am just trying to get the phone back to working condition even if its just back to stock. There are so many files out there and I am unsure which one would be the correct one.

Well it appears that you'd be trying to flash a radio, as you put the PG32IMG.zip (or PM31IMG.zip in your case) on the SD card and went to to bootloader.

But you should be able to tell by the Hboot screen. From when your phone is off, hold the volume down and power button and it'll take you to the screen. There it will say if it's S-ON or S-OFF, your Hboot version and your radio among other things.

But you're saying your phone isn't stock? Was it unlocked or rooted? An idea would be to use the Revolutionary S-OFF tool (if you aren't S-OFF) and your on Gingerbread 2.3.3. If you are on 2.3.4 you'd have to use the downgrade method and then try to root. At least with that you'd be able to use a custom recovery and wipe everything, maybe allowing it to boot up. I'd recommend 4EXT for a recovery if you get one though. :)

eschwartz15

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Well it appears that you'd be trying to flash a radio, as you put the PG32IMG.zip (or PM31IMG.zip in your case) on the SD card and went to to bootloader.

But you should be able to tell by the Hboot screen. From when your phone is off, hold the volume down and power button and it'll take you to the screen. There it will say if it's S-ON or S-OFF, your Hboot version and your radio among other things.

But you're saying your phone isn't stock? Was it unlocked or rooted? An idea would be to use the Revolutionary S-OFF tool (if you aren't S-OFF) and your on Gingerbread 2.3.3. If you are on 2.3.4 you'd have to use the downgrade method and then try to root. At least with that you'd be able to use a custom recovery and wipe everything, maybe allowing it to boot up. I'd recommend 4EXT for a recovery if you get one though. :)

It was unlocked when I bought it. I checked the boot screen and it is S-ON.
HBOOT Version 0.97.0000
RADIO 1.09.01.0622
eMMC- boot

I have tried to use the Revultionary tool but the phone is not being recognized by the computer even after I install HTC Sync and the drivers. Im using Win7 and it says it found the hardware but malfunctioned. Is there anyway to gain s-off without using a computer?

El Andre

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello friend! I pray u can assist me on this. My HTC dinc 2 adr6350 got crashed, nd gets stuck at the HTC screen when turned on. It's an S-OFF device, and also a refurb. I hear i have to get a file and rename it. To PMG... What exatly should i do pls? Many thanks in advance!
P.S. Am not tech savvy...just a new user of android phones:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20