DInc2 vs Iphone

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So as with many, I think the Droid Incredible 2 is probably one of the best phones out as far as practicality goes. It has a 4" screen, its a world phone, near flawless physically and very very thin/balanced, very snappy, especially for its time, still one of the best cameras out there, speedy browser, and prob has the best battery life out there... with the exception of this new monster Razr maxx.

I saw a comparison test on youtube btwn the iphone 4S and this phone (might of been a 4). The DInc2 beat the iphone hands down! And my question is.... if apple can make the iphone so damn popular with its tiny 3.7" 3g phone, and all the talk in the house is about an iphone5 with a 4" screen, then why in this world is the DInc2 so unpopular??? Why are the android podcast guys totally dismissing anything incredible? I kind of understand why the carriers dismiss it, considering the big LTE push. But the media, the blogs???

It does just about everything right, yet, these new behymeth devices are taking the spot light in 2011/12. I honestly don't get it! If MOTO/HTC/Samsung made a phone like this thats dual core or even quad core, with the highest res screen available, and LTE or even VOLTE, ICS or its next iteration, NFC, etc., I think it has the potential to blow anything apple out of the water! I just don't get the focus these days the phone makers have! Anyone agree and hope they keep things more like the DInc2 as they progress forward?

crazy_skier

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Because it's not a "flagship" phone...,, the incredible s is quite popular in comparison (international version) but Verizon got so many new phones after this came out it went right to the back burner

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree with you Rican. I have had my Inc2 for about 8 months now I think and I have been 100% happy with it. I have played around with some of the newer phones but they are way too big I think for a phone. The battery life and 4 inch screen are what sold me on this phone when I was considering it or the thunderbolt. I don't understand the push for the 4.3 - 4.7 inch screens. Clearly the iphone doesn't have problems selling the small screen. Even when I am elligible for an upgrade, I think I am going to hold onto this Incredible 2 until it dies or they make one that has basically the same form with the newer specs. I am surprised at how little attention this phone has received. I actually have not seen another person with it. It is a shame because it is truly a great phone.

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Probably because most people didn't consider it a big enough upgrade over the Incredible to warrant signing a new 2 year agreement for it. You may think anything over 4 inches is too large but the public seems to be clamoring for those phones (if they're buying Android, obviously Iphoners don't care about screen size). I was looking to buy the Inc2 off contract, but the more I thought about it, it's not that much better than my DInc and I could get more advanced phones for the same amount.

laurel25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree completely. I love my Inc2. I've had it for 5 months and so far (got it when my original Inc got trashed by the Gingerbread update), I don't have any complaints and have had no issues. I loved my Inc, but it definitely had some issues that were a pain. I hadn't even considered upgrading to the Inc 2 because I thought it wasn't worth it, but now I'm totally happy my Inc got bricked - I think I defiintely have a better, more stable, phone now. The only think I don't care for is the camera - I don't think that it takes very good pictures comparied to my original Inc, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

cubez

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I almost picked this phone over my tbolt. The DI2 looks alot nicer and the size is perfect. The only reason I went with my tbolt was that it had 4G. If they were to make something like the DI2 with top specs, I would pick it up in a heartbeat. I don't think everyone likes the 4+ screens, they get them in spite of that in of that in order to have top of the line.
Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Definitely a solid phone. Only problem I've had has been a blown earpiece speaker and other stuff caused by me downloading crApps

I hate it when people scoff at my "old crappy small droid" i love this thing and glad that I stand out with it.

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I think it just got overshadowed by the multiple devices VZW was putting out. And since VZW didn't pay it attention, neither did the blogs

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I had originally thought about getting the iPhone, but then I thought to myself, "Why get one when you already have an iPod Touch?" Honestly the only big difference is the iPhone has the phone in it. So that was the end of wanting an iPhone for me.

I did want an HTC phone more than anything else though, and I'm glad I ended up with the Inc 2. I almost bought the Thunderbolt, but 4G isn't near my area and 3G is plenty fast anyways. Super glad I stuck with this phone, it's seems near perfect and it has yet to give me a problem.. *Knocks on wood* :p

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I think this is the most under appreciated phone on the market. It's "only" 3G but it is super stable and its battery life beats almost anything else out there. Its not flashy - it just does such a competent job that owners have little to gripe about.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
whenever I go to an electronic store, be it vzw, best buy, radio shack, I always look at this phone and think to myself, there's nothing else good out there better than this. Every other phone is so big, doofy, and all out of shape with weird humps and horrible looking backings.... motorola is known for this! so we all know the DInc2 is very stable, but cosmetically, its the slickest of the bunch! Although I must say, with my seidio active case on it, a lot of people think I have an iphone. When I say its a droid, its amazing how interested people are in it... I think smaller flagship droids would sell a lot more!

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
whenever I go to an electronic store, be it vzw, best buy, radio shack, I always look at this phone and think to myself, there's nothing else good out there better than this. Every other phone is so big, doofy, and all out of shape with weird humps and horrible looking backings.... motorola is known for this! so we all know the DInc2 is very stable, but cosmetically, its the slickest of the bunch! Although I must say, with my seidio active case on it, a lot of people think I have an iphone. When I say its a droid, its amazing how interested people are in it... I think smaller flagship droids would sell a lot more!

I get that all the time too. "how do you like the iphone? "

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm upgrade eligible and I'm hoping to see a DINC 3. Nothing else out there that catches my eye right now. I like the idea of LTE, but I'm just outside of the LTE coverage area. I'd be able to use it some, but not enough to make a big deal out of it. 3G really does work fast enough for what I need to use it for.

The DINC 2 has been rock solid for me after I had a really bad experience with the original Droid X (random reboots and freezing on 10 different X's). I'm a bit afraid of giving up such a solid device for something that's not so solid.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think the ReZound was originally the Dinc HD. I dunno if they are going to make a 3. I don't know anything though.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I think that one that they had the article about on here a little while back will be the INC 3. It was white and had the same plateau type back.

Yeah, I remember the same article. Too lazy to scroll back through pages of postings, but I do remember seeing it.

Ultimately, I'm just looking for stability in my phone, not the 10 time/day random reboots I got with my Droid X. I just hope the next iteration of the DINC is as solid as the DINC 2.

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I get that all the time too. "how do you like the iphone? "

Also, I think that people who aren't "in the know" use the term "iPhone" to describe all smartphones ... kinda like "Kleenex" or "Qtip."

And, people confuse the Droid and iPhone handsets with operating systems. Why would anyone get an iOS phone (iPhone) with only one choice of handset when you could get an Android OS with tons of options?

Of course, the best option is DInc2. ;)

P.S. I agree with djaquez21 ... Why get an iPhone when I have an iTouch?