Restarts every time dropped - is this normal?

J8cobparker

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Even if I drop my verizon htc incredible 2 onto a semi hard surface from a height if 1-2 inches, the phone restarts. Is this normal for these phones? the phone is only 1 wk old.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
1-That doesn't sound normal...

2-Stop dropping it! :what:

First, What he said..

Second, I think you are lucky it is only rebooting and not completely dead if you are dropping it that often. Get a case.

Then again, maybe I'm just weird but even if I drop it from a 1-2 inch height I'm pissed I did it. However I have the HTC TPU case from Shop Android on it and it did drop out of my hand getting out of the car the other day, bounced and rolled, no reboot, case saved it, like it never happened. Well worth the $10.

J8cobparker

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
This dropping I'm talking about is from 1-2 inches. Like when it slides out of your lap onto the center console of the car.

Do me a huge favor and drop your HTC Incredible from 1" OK? It doesn't hurt anything..... but will tell me if restarting is normal when handled that way...

pretty please...

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
This was a known problem with my old blackberry tour. Faulty battery cover. Upon impact the battery becomes disconnected just long enough to turn off then back on again.

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

Reactions: J8cobparker

avs1121

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Easy fix....wait for it.....QUIT DROPPING YOUR DAMN PHONE!! They not made of rubber or made worth a damn for that matter.

Bubba's Rezound!

Vauncod1

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my Galaxy J3. I rarely drop my phone as it is in a silica gel case, but, from only an inch drop, if it landed on its back, it would restart.
I unclipped the back from the phone & found that the battery was a little looser than it ought to be & the rear cover didn't seem to be supporting the battery enough, so the battery temporarily disconnected if dropped.
I simply cut an inch square piece of plastic from a pop bottle, placed it on the battery, then clipped the rear cover back on. Problem solved, my phone has worked perfectly since.
It's worth a try & hope it works for you.

Phoenix 1

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
This seems to only happen to phones with removable backs that are a very flexible plastic sort of material. It must flex just enough to move the battery out of place and then back into place. Simple idea is to get a tight phone case or a phone without a removable back.

connorb05

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
Its because if you look at the battery on your phone and take it out you will see prongs on the phone and gold colored plating on the battery so when you drop it there is a brief moment when the prongs are not touching the battery so it turns off and then turns back on here's and YouTube link for further instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e0rzRaWFq8

ladrielle127

Oct 2, 2018
Visit site
Even if I drop my verizon htc incredible 2 onto a semi hard surface from a height if 1-2 inches, the phone restarts. Is this normal for these phones? the phone is only 1 wk old.

Thank you!

Last edited:

ladrielle127

Oct 2, 2018
Visit site
I appear to have the exact same problem. even if I don't drop it I place it down and it snaps to the ground like placing a cup of tea carefully, it restarts and drops the battery percentage lowbatt. I have two batteries though. and that one only battery is the one restarts when hits the ground. it shakes the battery, it is powerful enough to move the battery 000000.01 inches and makes the phone restart. and the second one doesn't restart like the first battery when placed or dropped. makes sense? hence that battery is broken or got wet on another phone it was on.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49