Hotspot

anon(354569)

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Foxfi I believe is what it's called. it's free and no root required.

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, thank you for this! Have been trying to figure out a way to connect my tablet to my phone and nothing has worked but Foxfi did!

Thank you for the info :)

grvthang

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The Foxfi wifi is working? I hadn't tried it before because it says on FoxFi's description "works on HTC phones with Android 4.0" in the Google Play store; the stock ICS hasn't come out for the DInc2 yet.
After reading the exchange above, I just installed it, but when I tried to turn on wifi it I get the message ""Wifi mode can not be activated on HTC phones due to an HTC hotspot lock. Please use Bluetooth mode instead."

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
The Foxfi wifi is working? I hadn't tried it before because it says on FoxFi's description "works on HTC phones with Android 4.0" in the Google Play store; the stock ICS hasn't come out for the DInc2 yet.
After reading the exchange above, I just installed it, but when I tried to turn on wifi it I get the message ""Wifi mode can not be activated on HTC phones due to an HTC hotspot lock. Please use Bluetooth mode instead."

Oh, I forgot about this. I'm running a custom ROM Android 4.0 and didn't think about that fact.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Delenot

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is the most effective method but this worked for me.

H Dinc2 2.3.4 connected to an ASUS Transformer 300
Used foxfi on phone with bluetooth connection and Pdanet on tablet. Paired with bluetooth and it worked. Good speed on the connection too.

Optid

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
FoxFi works great! It's free, easy to use, and you don't have to be rooted!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

grvthang

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
pardon me, but I'm not understanding this - foxfi will allow the DInc2 to send an internet signal via Bluetooth?

I have a kindle fire, which has no Bluetooth radio. With foxfi, I was not able to use the WiFi hotspot, but it said that I could use the Bluetooth feature. that won't help me with my fire.

anon(354569)

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
pardon me, but I'm not understanding this - foxfi will allow the DInc2 to send an internet signal via Bluetooth?

I have a kindle fire, which has no Bluetooth radio. With foxfi, I was not able to use the WiFi hotspot, but it said that I could use the Bluetooth feature. that won't help me with my fire.

Yeah I don't think it will work then. I am connecting my Asus TF101 via Bluetooth with my Dinc2. It won't allow me to connect over wifi. The bluetooth method works very well though.

grvthang

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
That's good to know for future reference. For now, The only devices I would need to use it as a hotspot for are both Kindles without bluetooth - a Fire and a Kindle Touch.
Thanks.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
There is a hack that allows you to use verizon's hotspot service for free. We are not alowed ot post it here but it can be found over at XDA. You just have to look.

grvthang

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
There is a hack that allows you to use verizon's hotspot service for free. We are not alowed ot post it here but it can be found over at XDA. You just have to look.

I know that if you root the device, you can just turn it on without VZW being aware of it (unless you go crazy with data usage). Are you talking about without rooting? Haven't been over at XDA for the DInc2 in a while.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I know that if you root the device, you can just turn it on without VZW being aware of it (unless you go crazy with data usage). Are you talking about without rooting? Haven't been over at XDA for the DInc2 in a while.

correct. No root required. I used it on my incredible 2 all the time.

Reactions: grvthang

grvthang

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I found the hack over at XDA. I've been using the VZW hotspot feature when I was out and about with my Kindle Fire for the last few months. I used it a lot at first, but I barely use it now.
I'm gonna go ahead and stop paying 20 bucks a month. Thanks!

susan thrift

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I have an HTC Droid incredible 2 Verizon phone. I have downloaded foxfi could someone walk me thru setting this up for my laptop. Having trouble

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
If your using Foxfi you will have to use Bluetooth because HTC has locked you from using it without rooting the phone. Turn on Bluetooth on your laptop and Droid Incredible 2 and then pair the phone with your laptop its that simple. If you download FoxFi on your phone and chose Bluetooth help it walks you thru it step by step.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Mortalis

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Wi-Fi hotspot locked?

Try this workaround, worked for my HTC Inspire 4g/Desire.

1. Airplane mode ON
2. Wi-Fi hotspot ON
3. Airplane mode OFF
(hotspot should stay ON)
4. Mobile network ON
(prompt pop-up tells you to goto website, ignore & click OK, automatically turns hotspot OFF)
5.Mobile network OFF
6. Wi-Fi hotspot ON
7. Mobile network ON

(Wi-Fi hotspot should stay on and available.)

Last edited: