Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
Like Tree29Likes

Default Re: Any closer to getting ICS?

So what does everyone thing about the Dinc2 gwtting ICS?

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread 2.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dobermans rule View Post
    So what does everyone thing about the Dinc2 gwtting ICS?

<LMAO>

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

I honestly believe that eventually we will receive the ICS update.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #229  

But the problem is, verizon knows that most people will "eventually" just get a new phone after 2 plus years. Most Dinc2 users are at or beyond their contract already. Mines next week and for how passionate I am about this topic, I won't care after I get a new phone in the next couple weeks. Too little too late verizon.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by kirkiscool View Post
    But the problem is, verizon knows that most people will "eventually" just get a new phone after 2 plus years. Most Dinc2 users are at or beyond their contract already. Mines next week and for how passionate I am about this topic, I won't care after I get a new phone in the next couple weeks. Too little too late verizon.

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I was up for renewal last week, took the 1 cent plunge on the Incredible 4G (via Amazon Wireless) and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums

I asked HTC about the Droid Incredible 2 ICS update and apparently they are still working on it...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any closer to getting ICS?-uploadfromtaptalk1364239867790.jpg  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I got basically the same canned response from HTC on twitter 2 month ago. Radio silence ever since. Not expecting much from them.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #233  

I got a Razr M. I'm happy. Screw HTC.

Sent from my phone with the app

I just reached my upgrade date. I was looking to upgrade to either the Incredible 4g(I love the size) or the HTC DNA. It is big but is awesome.
    However, I think I am going to take this free time to try to root my phone. I have never done this before so I wanted to wait until I could get a new phone in case I broke this one trying to root it.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
    I just reached my upgrade date. I was looking to upgrade to either the Incredible 4g(I love the size) or the HTC DNA. It is big but is awesome.
    However, I think I am going to take this free time to try to root my phone. I have never done this before so I wanted to wait until I could get a new phone in case I broke this one trying to root it.
    I recommend the 4G. I had the DNA and returned it because of its size and poor battery life.

Sent from my Incredible 4G using Tapatalk 2

I recommended the 4G too until I actually upgraded to one. It flat out chugged thru ICS and was as slow with it as my DINC2 is with gingerbread. But even more concerning to me was that the device itself is actually smaller than the 2! The screen, while still 4" is actually slightly more narrow than the 2 making the holding of the device and swiping/typing on the screen feel completely different in practice. The back cover on the 4G is also very unappealing to me and was a dirt/dust/grime magnet due to its design. Lastly, I guess Android 4.x in general was designed for bigger screens because everything seemed to fit my DINC2 screen much more naturally with 2.3

Again, all just my personal findings and thoughts.

Any more news guys?

Any more news guys?

None. I upgraded to the Lucid 2 for free and do not regret it one bit. The 4.3" phones of 2013 are the size of 4" phones of a couple of years ago. My Lucid is barely any bigger than my DINC2 and about half the weight too! Solidly build phone with no regrets, and it's running 4.1.2! Before Android I've always gone with LG devices and this is my first one since.... can't believe I ever left them! I don't miss Sense one bit.

I am thinking about going to Blackberry. I went into a Verizon store the other day to see if they had any extra batteries for this phone. While I was there, I saw it and was instantly drawn to it. It was so sleek and the gestures are just amazing. I think and hope Blackberry will make a comeback because that phone was simply so amazing and sleek. It was just awesome. I am waiting for the Q10 to come out before I go out and buy the Z10...

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts

As I sit here waiting for my 3rd update since Christmas, I realize LEAVING Verizon and HTC for Sprint and Samsung was the best (cellphone) decision I've ever made...soon I will have multi-view on my S3...Icecream WHAT???!!!...HA!!!

I'm pretty pissed. I like my "Dinc", but as the apps update, they stop working. Facebook doesn't work anymore. My husband is shopping for phones for me. He also wants me to take over his phone so he can get a new one. :/ I'd like to keep my phone because I'm used to it. Does anyone here know of any older versions of Facebook that will work?

Quote Originally Posted by kirkiscool View Post

I left my Droid Incredible 2 on Sunday for an iPhone 5. One of the best decisions ever...but it will always have a place in my heart...

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

I left my Droid Incredible 2 on Sunday for an iPhone 5. One of the best decisions ever...but it will always have a place in my heart...

Same here. I miss Android a little, but I don't miss the Incredible 2.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910