Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Default Re: Any closer to getting ICS?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboi352 View Post
    There is no way in the world ICS is coming to DINC2. There are zero reasons for HTC and Verizon to do so.
    But, if that is that case, why are they bothering to send it to any existing phones? Why not just release it on new phones?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Htc already released it for the dinc2. It's out now but not officially from Verizon. You'd have to root to get it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

My frustrations with HTC and/or Verizon are growing stronger by the day. They said that we Dinc 2 owners would be getting ICS by the end of August which is tomorrow and still we haven't heard squat yet. And for the record I am not a rooter not that there is anything wrong with it it's just not for me.

I've been thinking of rooting, but want to hold off to see what they give us first. I only root if I have issues with the phone, which I don't.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by KMF0727 View Post
    And for the record I am not a rooter not that there is anything wrong with it it's just not for me.
    +1 When i had my dInc1, I rooted and flashed many drives. I just got bored with it and seemed like the ROMs always had updates which makes you do a data reset every freaking two weeks! Been non-rooted for over a year now
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

I've never rooted but I'm seriously considering it. Mostly just to get rid of the bloat and install ICS. I've been using HoloLauncher and really like the customization.

Surprise surprise its the last day of August and nothing!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

WMMFICS!

Carrier
    4.1.1 with Sense 4+

I picked up an Incredible 2 to serve as a stand in for a faltering Incredible until I decide on my next device. It's disappointing to see the foot-dragging on the ICS update. I'll take a look at the root thread. Any idea how hard the process is to root the Dinc2?

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

So frustrated of software updates that never come; first with WebOS and now with android. With an upgrade available, it looks like I'll be picking up an iphone soon.

Just get a Nexus..... I am thinking about a nexus too.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Quote Originally Posted by dobermans rule View Post
    Just get a Nexus..... I am thinking about a nexus too.

Nexus phones aren't even getting updates. My girlfriends galaxy Nexus hasn't gotten jellyBean yet.

HTC posted a Facebook update in regard to the Thunderbolt admitting they missed the deadline. Since the Thunderbolt is likely to get upgraded before the Incredible 2 it's certain we will have to wait longer.
    ==========================

https://www.facebook.com/HTC/posts/10151374118973084

Yeah I think delays for the Tbolt mean delays for the Inc 2. They only have so many developers, so if they are struggling with one project that just takes away from another I am guessing.

I agree with some of the above comments: custom roms can be a pain. I have one on my tablet, but I don't want to do that for my all-important primary phone.

And it's true, Verizon's Nexus isn't getting updates. You know what this means to me? Goodbye Verizon. They are giving me zero reasons to stay with them. New every two has become meaningless, and they added to that a $30 upgrade fee, and they don't update their phones. Why am I with them again? The network? Yeah it's not that amazing, not enough to put with the BS.

I think I might buy a used Nexus S and try out T-mobile's $30 plan just to see what that's like.

OK, done ranting!

The ONLY reason I've stuck with Verizon so far has been the network. I've had enough people tell me I can't get a signal in places where I DID get a signal that I've stuck with them. I don't like being gouged for data though. I don't have a grandfathered unlimited plan. Their new "shared data" plan doesn't interest me at all. I hardly use the 2GB they gouge me for now. I use WiFi all over the place. It's faster than 3G. There isn't any 4G coverage where I live (although it may come within the next year). I hardly use the data plan at all but I still have to pay for the stupid thing.
    dobermans rule likes this.

I'm seriously thinking about going to prepaid. I don't use anywhere close to my 1200 minutes but if i change i lose my grandfathered plan. A 180 dollar bill is crazy for 2 phones!

September 1st and still no upgrade. Shocker.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

So here it is Sep 1 and SURPRISE, no ICS!

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

It's safe to say HTC and VZW are blowing smoke up our collective asses.
    volleyfaj and kjharrison like this.

They could at least apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by volleyfaj View Post
    So frustrated of software updates that never come; first with WebOS and now with android. With an upgrade available, it looks like I'll be picking up an iphone soon.
    Go for it. We'll see you back 2 weeks after you get the iPhone. :P

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums

https://www.facebook.com/HTC/posts/1...t=feed_comment

Confirms what we already knew: they're taking forever and a day and we still have no idea when we're getting it.

Nexus only for me from now on. I don't care if I have to switch carriers to get a "real" nexus.

Global Posts
    648 Global Posts

I too, have defended VZW for years, but since I will lose my unlimited data IF I upgrade in July '13 (I have to WAIT that long for my contract to end) I'm EVENTUALLY ditching Verizon...BUT since NO career offers to pay your ETF if you sign with THEM, I will have stuck with VZW, for now...so ICS would be nice (since I have no computer to root)...but with different home replacement I can KINDA keep the duldrums of being stuck with ONE cellphone for 2 years away (fixed income+fiscal responsibility)...pre-payed sounds good...did I just see T-Mo and the words "unlimited data" "Galaxy Note 2"???...HMMMMMMMMM

T-mobil is awful. I would go with the death star...I mean, at&t before them.

In also thinking of switching when my contact is up in June.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast