Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Default Re: Any closer to getting ICS?

There is no question of me switching. The coverage of the other carriers isn't even close to Verizon in my area. Besides, this isn't really a game changer for me ... just disappointing.

I was thinking of getting a Nexus, but even on VZW I would have the same troubled with updates. Come on Verizon, stop holding things up so you can force us to keep apps we don't use it want.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Really we are almost a full 2 weeks into August and no news!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

Quote Originally Posted by RWCouck View Post
    Really we are almost a full 2 weeks into August and no news!

It's almost October

volleyfaj likes this.

They are taking to long with the update. So I'm doubtful if it will get at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    c_Hacks Avatar

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Pathetic. I bought two DInc2's for my wife and for my daughter when they came out. How can they still not have ICS? Its been out almost a year! I still have a DX2 in a drawer whcih Moto abandoned in a few months. I was hoping HTC would do better.

Never again.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

It's not HTC, it's verizon.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

I probably wouldn't care so much except my husband, my neighbor and my neighbor's daughter all got the ICS upgrade on their Droid 4 phones. The worst part about it is that none of them even knew what ICS was. I had to tell them. AND, they expect me (the techie geek in the group) how to make their phones work with the upgrade. Ahhhhhh!!!!!

Hoping HTC announces their ICS rollout for older devices at their big event tomorrow. ... Yes, I know that is wishful thinking :-)

I just spoke with a Verizon rep. Not asking about ICS, but rather if we are getting a bug fix for the last update cuz I've noticed problems since then. They said they didn't see anything about that. So then I processed to ask about ICS for the dInc2. So they read from the screen that the dInc2 did receive the ICS update!?! I said, um no we haven't! They said that most likely it only rolled out to a few devices and the rest should be getting it soon. I'm not holding my breath but that was surprising to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by jdazzr View Post
    I just spoke with a Verizon rep. Not asking about ICS, but rather if we are getting a bug fix for the last update cuz I've noticed problems since then. They said they didn't see anything about that. So then I processed to ask about ICS for the dInc2. So they read from the screen that the dInc2 did receive the ICS update!?! I said, um no we haven't! They said that most likely it only rolled out to a few devices and the rest should be getting it soon. I'm not holding my breath but that was surprising to hear!
    That's good to hear I just moved on and thought we were getting it but since it seems they pushed it out to a few handsets that makes it more likely. Here's hoping.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

WEIRDNESS! Just went to my setting to check for software updates. That option is now grey, and I cannot select it.

Update: A restart fixed it. Still no updates available on my phone.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

So, all my android friends have gotten their updates and now my wife, with her iphone,
    gets her software update today. Our overseas friends with the exact same phone, dinc s, have had theirs for sometime. WTH? I'm really feeling left out.

Blame it on Verizon I'm thinking HTC released to Verizon and they are holding up. Plain and simple Verizon sucks at updates.

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

As I've said before, VZW is blowing smoke up our collective asses. Why don't they just come clean and tell us it's not going to happen?

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

what does VZW have to gain from updating our devices? (question; not contention)

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

They can gain our trust that our android device wont be obsolete within 6 months of purchase. I mean cmon my wife has the iPhone 4s and had no problem getting apples new ios. We shouldn't have to always buy the newest device to get the newest os!!!

GeekCop and c_hack like this.

Well my wife has had her iPhone 4 for 18 months and it is barely being supported by ios now in version 6!
    c_Hacks Avatar

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Well my wife has had her iPhone 4 for 18 months and it is barely being supported by ios now in version 6!
    I think the point is that after 18 months, your wife's iPhone received iOS 6 on the day the operating system was released. The iPhone 4, being 2 years old does not support all the features of the new OS, but still got all the features it can handle.

Do you think the HTC Incredibles will continue to get updates 2 years after they are released?

I cannot wait to get ICS. I am counting down the days until the end of the year. I cannot wait!

You guys should not complain though, only because I hope HTC is taking a while just so that they get the update right without any bugs it anything wring with it....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

@dobermansrule, it's not in HTC's ballpark anymore. It's been pushed to VZW, so they're the holdup.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dobermans rule View Post

You guys should not complain though, only because I hope HTC is taking a while just so that they get the update right without any bugs it anything wring with it....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Waiting to get what right? The update was rolled out to the dinc "s" months ago. It's the exact same phone! Any hold up is being done by VZW. I think we need to resign to the fact that we either hunker down and enjoy our phones as they are or, if ICS is a must, upgrade to a device already sporting it.

c_hack likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by volleyfaj View Post
    Waiting to get what right? The update was rolled out to the dinc "s" months ago. It's the exact same phone! Any hold up is being done by VZW. I think we need to resign to the fact that we either hunker down and enjoy our phones as they are or, if ICS is a must, upgrade to a device already sporting it.

I'm sorry. I meant to say Verizon.I know that HTC has had it ready for some time, and that Verizon is just adding bloatware and stuff to it...

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

Exactly. Verizon needs time to properly ruin it. My Girlfriend got the Jelly Bean ota on her galaxy Nexus this morning, and she could care less. Ugg. Frustrating

dobermans rule likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkiscool View Post
    Exactly. Verizon needs time to properly ruin it. My Girlfriend got the Jelly Bean ota on her galaxy Nexus this morning, and she could care less. Ugg. Frustrating

I completely agree.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast