Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Default Re: Any closer to getting ICS?

Apparently HTC sent out a email saying we are sorry we missed the deadline and its still coming. But they had do a rework of the software and its now in testing. But they say its still coming sometime in the coming months. To me this is completely unacceptable they didn't say a release date just that it was coming in the next months. Also ICS is last years OS and by the time we get it Key Lime Pie will be out. HTC should do what Motorola did and offer a $100 rebate to any phone not getting jellybean.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums
    dobermans rule and c_hack like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZachA View Post
    Apparently HTC sent out a email saying we are sorry we missed the deadline and its still coming. But they had do a rework of the software and its now in testing. But they say its still coming sometime in the coming months. To me this is completely unacceptable they didn't say a release date just that it was coming in the next months. Also ICS is last years OS and by the time we get it Key Lime Pie will be out. HTC should do what Motorola did and offer a $100 rebate to any phone not getting jellybean.

I agree for the most part, but the only reason they don't update it to a newer OS than ICS is because of the RAM needed to use jellybean, or any newer OS. Our phones were mostly, at least usually, made for the OS they came for and maybe a newer OS. They also probably don't update it to jellybean because HTC already had much effort put into ICS, and since jellybean isn't a major upgrade like ICS is, they don't think that jellybean is necessary for such an "old" device......

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dobermans rule View Post
    I agree for the most part, but the only reason they don't update it to a newer OS than ICS is because of the RAM needed to use jellybean, or any newer OS. Our phones were mostly, at least usually, made for the OS they came for and maybe a newer OS. They also probably don't update it to jellybean because HTC already had much effort put into ICS, and since jellybean isn't a major upgrade like ICS is, they don't think that jellybean is necessary for such an "old" device......

I don't care if they don't update it to Jelly Bean but I wish they would just update it a little quicker. It's been a year already.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZachA View Post
    I don't care if they don't update it to Jelly Bean but I wish they would just update it a little quicker. It's been a year already.

Amen!

Note to self: Never ever buy a non-Nexus device ever again!

Note to self number 2: See note number 1!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    bunjy and ZachA like this.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

I'm going to root this thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by PGadgets4fun View Post

Good one, Next time I too will be getting a Nexus or the Samsung Galaxy S4

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Rooted this sucker and ICS is awesome! Followed these instructions CAREFULLY and had great success. I would recommend it if you are a detailed oriented person and have some patience (it took me about 4 hours probably with all the reading and researching, etc.)

Unfortunately, if I root I loose access to my corporate e-mail which has root detection. Can't go without that! I'm at the mercy of Verizon I guess :-(

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #85  

What does your employer gain from this?

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    c_Hacks Avatar

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

You can vote with your wallet and never buy an HTC (or Motorola) phone again. Motorola is even worse at abandoning their phones. Remember how people waited almost a year for the Bionic to come out? It was supposed to be the flagship phone. Hah. Its still running GB too and Motorola completely abandoned it. At least HTC apologized and is still working on it.

But you are right. ICS was released almost a year ago. There is no excuse for waiting this long.
    ZachA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmatt299 View Post
    You can vote with your wallet and never buy an HTC (or Motorola) phone again. Motorola is even worse at abandoning their phones. Remember how people waited almost a year for the Bionic to come out? It was supposed to be the flagship phone. Hah. Its still running GB too and Motorola completely abandoned it. At least HTC apologized and is still working on it.

But you are right. ICS was released almost a year ago. There is no excuse for waiting this long.
    You can bet I will never buy a Motorola or HTC product again. Motorola dropped the ball when they didn't upgrade any of there 3G phones like the Droid X2. HTC use to be the first to roll out updates now Motorola and HTC are tied for last place but at least they are updating there 3G phones. I'm getting tired of Sense anyway time for a Samsung or a Nexus.

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RWCouck View Post
    They can gain our trust that our android device wont be obsolete within 6 months of purchase. I mean cmon my wife has the iPhone 4s and had no problem getting apples new ios. We shouldn't have to always buy the newest device to get the newest os!!!

Seriously, you know verizons main objective is to sell phones & service! If your not happy with your phone, they know you will purchase another! Its to their benefit not to update all phones!

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Anmanwar View Post
    Seriously, you know verizons main objective is to sell phones & service! If your not happy with your phone, they know you will purchase another! Its to their benefit not to update all phones!

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums
    Yep, and there's the crux of it!

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

October .... Grrrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by nsanders View Post
    October .... Grrrrrr!
    Yeah October and still no update pretty dissapointing.

anyone else getting this?
    Any closer to getting ICS?-2012-10-01_20-47-28.png

Yea i got that about two weeks ago and again now. Don't know if it means anything but the last time it didn't. Just corrected itself to no update available the next day. I hope I'm wrong

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I just get the no update available sign. I have never gotten the service unavailable one like you guys have.

I got it last night but this morning it went back to normal

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by dobermans rule View Post
    I just get the no update available sign. I have never gotten the service unavailable one like you guys have.

That's the same thing I'm getting now. But was getting a Software update not available before I restarted my phone on Sunday.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

I just checked my update and it looks normal. But then again still no update....come on big red just give us what we want...most of us can't upgrade yet anyway...

I'm not holding out for it. I love Sense but I'm switching to a galaxy note ii as soon they come out.

I am deciding to wait for it. Since my phone works fine, I am going to stick with it.

nsanders likes this.

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz RLS13

Quote Originally Posted by PGadgets4fun View Post

Verizon Galaxy Nexus hasn't been updated either.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast