Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Default Re: Any closer to getting ICS?

Some of them have, some of them haven't?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

The VZW GNEX got JB, but it took a long long time. I think if you want a true "nexus" experience you need to stay away from Verizon. That's what I plan to do.

Jelly Bean rolling out to some Verizon Galaxy Nexus units as Verizon's support page goes live | Android Central
    c_Hacks Avatar

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

JB came out for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus a few weeks ago and it makes a huge improvement in speed (and fixes the GNex radio firmware too). My poor wife's Inc2 is still stuck on GB.

What's sad it the Droid Incredible 4G LTE just got an update approved and we are still waiting for ICS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    MIUI 1.11.4.1

I'm at the point that I won't purchase a phone unless is unlockable. The problem with verizon is they bully the OEM's to lock down there devices. Currently, samsung SGS III is the only unlockable phone for VZW (newish). I keep thinking of changing carriers, but VZW coverage is the best were i live. At worst, I'll just stick with my s-off Inc2 for as long as possible.
    Droid Incredible 2 (S-OFF)
    Android Version 4.2.2
    Evervolv-Conor-3.2.0-Nightly-2013.05.05
    Kernal 3.076-evervolv nightlies
    Oc 1.4mhz

I read today that the Thunderbolt update is in its final testing stages. Hopefully if that goes well, we will get the update.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Finally broke down and rooted and followed these instructions which were somewhat easy however I left out one important thing using the tacroot method. I forgot to Use the command "fastboot flash zip 1.09.01.0312_vivow_Radio_PG32IMG.zip" while in the bootloader to flash the newest radio which eliminates bootloops. I'm stuck in the bootloop and was wondering how to enter in that command after?

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jab0321 View Post
    Rooted this sucker and ICS is awesome! Followed these instructions CAREFULLY and had great success. I would recommend it if you are a detailed oriented person and have some patience (it took me about 4 hours probably with all the reading and researching, etc.)
    Finally broke down and rooted and followed these instructions which were somewhat easy however I left out one important thing using the tacroot method. I forgot to Use the command "fastboot flash zip 1.09.01.0312_vivow_Radio_PG32IMG.zip" while in the bootloader to flash the newest radio which eliminates bootloops. I'm stuck in the bootloop and was wondering how to enter in that command after?

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rayzup478 View Post
    First off, read the last few pages of the linked thread and this should help you out since a few others have had the same problem. If you are in bootloop, turn the phone off and pull out the sd card. Make sure that the radio zip file (PG32IMG.zip) is in the root directory of your sd card and make sure that you rename it to PG32IMG.zip. Once this is complete insert the sd card back into the phone and power on holding the volume down button. It should boot into the bootloader and as long as you have S-Off at the top you should be prompted to install the new radio file. Follow the instructions and do not interrupt it. Once this is complete boot into CWM recovery and wipe the cache and dalvik and then reboot the phone. You should be good and can then boot back into CWM recovery and flash a new ROM etc.

If you get to the point where you have flashed the new radio successfully but can't boot into recovery, hold the power button while in the bootloader (white screen) and immediately remove the sd card and this should bypass it trying to flash the radio again. With the sd card out plug it into your computer and remove the PGIMG.zip file from the root of your sd card (this will prevent the phone from trying to flash the new radio when you reboot) When you are now in the bootloader screen, select recovery and this should boot you into CWM. From here wipe dalvik and cache and mount the sd card and reboot and it should be fine. Hope this helps. I would try to make this clearer but I don't have any more time tonight.

I surrender. Just purchased an HTC Incredible 4G from Gazelle. Gently used. Looks like new. Quick trip to VZW store to acquire SIM card and presto. I'm as up to date as I can be. Best of luck to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post
    I surrender. Just purchased an HTC Incredible 4G from Gazelle. Gently used. Looks like new. Quick trip to VZW store to acquire SIM card and presto. I'm as up to date as I can be. Best of luck to everyone.
    Congratulations on your purchase. Hope everything goes well. :thumbup:

I read somewhere that the update was going to be rolling out on OCT 21. This was just a rumor but I hope it is true.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

I hope its true, but I seriously doubt it.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Wouldn't it be nice though?

Quote Originally Posted by nsanders View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice though?
    Yes, it would be.

So the Bionic,Spectrum,and Lucid all now got ICS all that's left is the Incredible 2 and Thunderbolt. Hope we are next.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZachA View Post
    I read somewhere that the update was going to be rolling out on OCT 21. This was just a rumor but I hope it is true.

Sigh...guess not :-(

Quote Originally Posted by dobermans rule View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase. Hope everything goes well. :thumbup:

Thank you. I was skeptical at first. My DInc2 gets horrible phone reception and I rarely get 3G service. VZW kept telling me to go upgrade, but I thought it was a ploy. Well after a few days of use, I can tell you that I get a better signal, about 5-10 dBm better. And I get 3G data where I was only getting 2G before (and 4G in areas where I used to get 3G). So, something to think about. There are plenty of used phones at reasonable prices on the secondary market. This is a great option if you want to retain your unlimited data plan (like I did).

Wow. I get pretty good reception on my Droid Incredible 2, mostly 3+ bars.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #120  

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I'm so irritated. Will rooting absolutely void my warranty?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by dobermans rule View Post
    Wow. I get pretty good reception on my Droid Incredible 2, mostly 3+ bars.
    I do as well, and wondered why so many people say they don't. But two trips to visit family in Ohio both resulted in me getting one bar at best while other VZW users around me had great signals. As a result my battery life tanked during both trips since the phone kept disconnecting and searching for signal.

But as soon as I got back home to AZ I was getting great signal again.

Don't know why but it sure seems like the towers in some areas just don't work well with the Inc2 even if they have good coverage for other handsets. All I can guess is it's something about some particular mix of equipment at some locations.

Yeah. Probably.

I think the DInc2 just has a weak radio. Mine suffered from the "iPhone death grip". It didn't work at all until I put a case on it. Seriously, I got the "No service available" message until I put the shell case on. I'm only sorry I waited so long to switch handsets.

Quote Originally Posted by juggle View Post
    I do as well, and wondered why so many people say they don't. But two trips to visit family in Ohio both resulted in me getting one bar at best while other VZW users around me had great signals. As a result my battery life tanked during both trips since the phone kept disconnecting and searching for signal.

But as soon as I got back home to AZ I was getting great signal again.

Don't know why but it sure seems like the towers in some areas just don't work well with the Inc2 even if they have good coverage for other handsets. All I can guess is it's something about some particular mix of equipment at some locations.
    My Incredible 2 has the same problem in some areas it has really good signal, but in other areas it has no signal and drops constantly to 1X and its always when I need the phone that it has the problem.About the update just let us know if we are getting it are not.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kirkiscool View Post
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I'm so irritated. Will rooting absolutely void my warranty?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    It will, however, you can almost always revert completely back to stock configuration if needed for a warranty issue. I recently rooted and am very glad that I did. Being able to now use my phone as a hotspot, alone was worth it. There are some bugs in the ICS ROMs but only minor. Once the actual ICS ROM gets released it will be even better. I would recommend it if you have the time.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast