Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Default Re: Any closer to getting ICS?

I've never been one to side with Android or iPhone or Windows Phone. They're all manufacturers looking to take your money. They're all heartless thieves in my mind. But if there's one good thing to be said about any of them it's this: Apple is generally quite good at updating most of their devices simultaneously, which is a huge plus and a massive blow to the Android camp; Android is an excellent choice IF they can manage to stop fragmenting their userbase; and although Windows Phone is a late-comer, they're very innovative to say the least (it's just too bad it took getting kicked off the top spot to move their butts).

Although I'm using an Incredible 2 Global on Straight Talk at the moment (utilizing AT&T's towers), I'm seriously considering jumping ship from this disasterous sea of fragmentation and heading over to iPhone or Windows Phone 8. I mean seriously... enough is enough. If HTC/Verizon weren't so concerned with the latest and best phone sales (hardware for HTC, service for Verizon), maybe they'd take care of current/older customers instead of ignoring them. Not good business sense. Man... and I had such high hopes for Android...
    Thanked by:

Ya for me its apple or nexus. I will suffer through with this phone because it can perform all the basic functions I need and really don't like using a smartphone unless I have to due to screen size. However no updates and 32 unwanted apps courtesy of HTC and Verizon is more than enough of a reminder to not cave and pay full price for a crappy device.

I think you'll find windows 8 will be the same way since it's multiple manufacturers.

Apple is the only one who consistently updates because they only have one phone per year and they let no one utilize their operating system.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

zOMG! you guys should have started a new thread when the end of august came and went. I duns care about you switching to at&t tmo or sprint. I duns care about you jumping platforms. only want to read about the update progress of this device. so...

Its coming to the end of the year and the phone still has not been updated. I'm so glad I moved on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

2013 ... still no update.
    ZachA and Ultranius like this.

They are working on a fix!

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

As I mentioned before, I moved on to the DInc4G. Of course that just means I'm waiting for JellyBean . . . you'll see an update before I do I think.

helo am new

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Android Central Forums

hello phi are u there

I'l suffer with this phone a bit longer because of the fact that there is nothing like it. Size, notification light, FM radio, dual GSM/CDMA, battery life. Btw, the FM radio was crucial for me when hurricane Sandy hit NY. I was without power for a week and this radio got me through the darkness with up to the minute news and such! For that, this phone will hold a special place in my heart. I'll give it a few more months to see if ICS comes. If not, IDK. With unlimited data on Verizon, I may just marry this thing till the end haha

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    I'l suffer with this phone a bit longer because of the fact that there is nothing like it. Size, notification light, FM radio, dual GSM/CDMA, battery life. Btw, the FM radio was crucial for me when hurricane Sandy hit NY. I was without power for a week and this radio got me through the darkness with up to the minute news and such! For that, this phone will hold a special place in my heart. I'll give it a few more months to see if ICS comes. If not, IDK. With unlimited data on Verizon, I may just marry this thing till the end haha
    Yeah...The wife is up for an upgrade, but losing the unlimited data isn't worth it. The shared tiers suck. We aren't heavy users, but combined we occasionally go over 4GB of data/month. To get the lowest tier for our needs would actually raise our bill, but reduce the amount of data we could use. Thanks Big Red! We're considering dumping Verizon for Straight Talk with an AT&T SIM. AT&T has really good coverage in our area. Waiting for the Nexus 4 to come back in stock on the Google Play website.

Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    I completely agree. This is a special phone. I want to upgrade, but when I think about it, it isn't worth it.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

Unfortunately, this phone has turned into a big, stinking pile of poo for me. I've babied the phone but now it's becoming near useless. The screen won't consistently register touch and it locks up constantly. I've performed a factory reset numerous times to no avail. The phone is past the warranty period, so I can't get a replacement phone. Given the care I've taken of this phone, I would expect that it would still work flawlessly. Not getting ICS is just the straw that broke the camel's back. I would like to have held on to it for longer, but I'll now have to pony up for something else.

I do agree that there's nothing else like it right now. I love Android, but they are just not making what I consider to be high-end phones at this size. The ones that they do make are considered "mid-range". All of the high-end phones are now just mini-tablets. I guess I'm just venting all my frustrations, not just the lack of ICS.

Is it true that if u upgrade to, say, an HTC DNA on Verizon, you lose your unlimited data plan? I've been grandfathered in, but I heard I will lose it if I go 4G.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grvthang View Post
    Is it true that if u upgrade to, say, an HTC DNA on Verizon, you lose your unlimited data plan? I've been grandfathered in, but I heard I will lose it if I go 4G.

I've been told that is how it works. I was looking at adding a tablet to my account and I can't even do that without losing the unlimited on my phones.

Quote Originally Posted by grvthang View Post

You will lose it if you upgrade to the DNA if you buy it at discounted price. If you buy a used phone or a phone at full price you won't lose it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Good point. Having a closed system seems to some like a bad idea, and it can be, but having total control means consistant updates, which I like. Android may be a more open platform, but the fragmentation is a killer. If Google could just devise a system that would allow most phones to be updated around the same timeframe, say within the same quarter, that would deal a serious blow to Apple. Lower fragmentation issues would be a critical advance for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    I think you'll find windows 8 will be the same way since it's multiple manufacturers.

Apple is the only one who consistently updates because they only have one phone per year and they let no one utilize their operating system.

Yes, still waiting for an update. Does it really take this long for a few connectivity issues? HTC needs to take a dedicated team off of all the 'new' devices and get them to work on legacy devices. Come one, we gave you guys our money already and you're forgetting about us?! This could be one of the reasons they're not in the top three manufacturers. Who the heck knows.

Quote Originally Posted by nsanders View Post
    2013 ... still no update.

I hate to say this, but for that reason alone I think is why a lot of people move to them. Granted, they're second place now, but still, consistent updates for all? What a great mantra. You listening Android developers?

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post

I hope so because this waiting game is for the birds.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post
    As I mentioned before, I moved on to the DInc4G. Of course that just means I'm waiting for JellyBean . . . you'll see an update before I do I think.

If you're considering Straight Talk I highly recommend it... especially if you have a phone that will allow 3G speeds. Unlimited everything... what's not to love?

Quote Originally Posted by wabyrd View Post
    Yeah...The wife is up for an upgrade, but losing the unlimited data isn't worth it. The shared tiers suck. We aren't heavy users, but combined we occasionally go over 4GB of data/month. To get the lowest tier for our needs would actually raise our bill, but reduce the amount of data we could use. Thanks Big Red! We're considering dumping Verizon for Straight Talk with an AT&T SIM. AT&T has really good coverage in our area. Waiting for the Nexus 4 to come back in stock on the Google Play website.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ultranius View Post
    If you're considering Straight Talk I highly recommend it... especially if you have a phone that will allow 3G speeds. Unlimited everything... what's not to love?
    Ha let us know when you test that "unlimited" data.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Wow! February ... crazy!

We should be getting it soon since the Thunderbolt ICS update had been confirmed by Verizon!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast