Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts

Default Re: Any closer to getting ICS?

Yeah, as it gets closer to the 2 year mark since release I'm losing faith that it will be updated. I'm thinking it just isn't going to happen. I'll be happy and shocked if it does.

It's been almost two months with no issues. I'm using AT&T's EDGE network for data speed, which is quite slow, but I haven't had any issue with data usage. So far, unlimited is unlimited. I'll update if things change.

Quote Originally Posted by sectime View Post
    Ha let us know when you test that "unlimited" data.

February 4, 2013 and no update. Are Incredible 2 owners fools for waiting for HTC and the ICS update, or will the ice cream man deliver the goods eventually? I will say this: if the ICS update comes late, I'll be upset they made us wait so long, but grateful that it came. If it does not come, I'll seriously question whether I'll ever purchase another HTC product again. Does anyone have any clues as to the release timeframe?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultranius View Post
    February 4, 2013 and no update. Are Incredible 2 owners fools for waiting for HTC and the ICS update, or will the ice cream man deliver the goods eventually? I will say this: if the ICS update comes late, I'll be upset they made us wait so long, but grateful that it came. If it does not come, I'll seriously question whether I'll ever purchase another HTC product again. Does anyone have any clues as to the release timeframe?
    It should be really soon considering the thunderbolt update was just released and they were both held back by connectivity issues. Hopefully it will be passed soon, but I don't really care about it...:rolleyes:

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #205  

Hey look my 2 yr contract is up. What new phones do they have now?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by mcaples View Post
    I found a way to make my Dinc2 feel like new...I would NOT recommend this be done ON PURPOSE...last week my Droid and I suffered a "gravitational issue (HA) and, while waiting the week for my CPO replacement, I was forced to go back to my old Blackberry Curve 8530. It was a tough week. Since I have no computer (personal or otherwise), I can't root. I use Holo Launcher and deal ith it. I'll be dumping VZW by Christmas ($250 ETF) since they got rid of unlimited data (I'm retired...YES I use A LOT of data <5-9 gb streeming audio>) I'm heading to Sprint. Their signal is strong around here and (for now) they got unlimited plans. There Gnex looks nice. I want go PURE GOOGLE. My Dinc2 was my 1st Android phone. Time for a cool change.
    This phone is nice REALLL NICE haha jk but yeah this 32gb worth of data and LTE is a plus. I did the same I left vzw last march and hasn't looked back since.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by Ultranius View Post
    It's been almost two months with no issues. I'm using AT&T's EDGE network for data speed, which is quite slow, but I haven't had any issue with data usage. So far, unlimited is unlimited. I'll update if things change.
    Hahahahaha why???????

I got fed up and bought a new galaxy nexus yesterday. Forget ICS, I'll take jelly bean. Plus then keyboard response on the dinc2 is so bad. I love the size of the phone but the lack of support and poor build makes it the last HTC phone I'll own.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by knrstz64 View Post
    I got fed up and bought a new galaxy nexus yesterday. Forget ICS, I'll take jelly bean. Plus then keyboard response on the dinc2 is so bad. I love the size of the phone but the lack of support and poor build makes it the last HTC phone I'll own.
    Haha yeah my girls inc2 USB port died on her today and vzw is sending her a incredible 4g Tuesday.

I asked HTC this exact question and the answer I received was the following:

Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Support Center!

We understand it is important to have a phone that meets your needs; we will do our best to provide a solution.

In regards on your question about the update ICS for the HTC Incredible 2, please read the information below:

HTC no longer announces dates for release of software due to the nature of the software development process. At any point in the software development cycle a situation may be encountered that requires anything from some minor additional rework, to complete rewrites of the software base. Only after the final acceptance testing has been successfully completed will HTC release software. The normal time period between the final acceptance testing and release of software is about a week and often shorter than that.

I completely understand this update is really important for you [insert name], and we thank you so much for your support and patience with this matter, we really appreciate customers like you.

Please stay tuned for further updates, at this website below:

About HTC
    This doesn't guarantee a release, but at least it gives us hope. HTC's website says nothing under 512MB for memory will receive the ICS update. Since Incredible 2 has 768MB, it should be clear sailing until ICS arrives. There's hope yet!

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts

Well...I actually DUMPED VZW & HTC...went Sprint & S3 and NEVER looking back...I can't even IMAGINE whats NEXT after JellyBean...its THAT GOOD!!

hey does any one have teh stock ICS ROM my thunderbolts update feature stopped working and I don;t feel like buying a new hone or losing my unlimited data contract from verizon

per Android Central HTC Rezound and Droid Incredible 2 getting a small 'Device Enhancement' update | Android Central Rezound and Inc 2 getting a small/tiny update today. Per Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update,
    Build Number: 6.04.605.07 710RD Radio: 20.32W.30.0813U_1.09.01.0312.,
    for your Droid Incredible 2 by HTC ** HTC Device Enhancement

When will this roll out?

Quote Originally Posted by knrstz64 View Post
    When will this roll out?
    Got it this afternoon. Didn't receive a Push message from Verizon but saw the above item on Android Central so I manually checked. File downloaded was < 5MB and only took 5-6 minutes to install. I haven't noticed any obvious changes on my phone after the update.

I also just received the update. I don't notice any differences but we will see how it goes...

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Same here. Got it yesterday, haven't noticed any changes.

Was excited about an OTA update ONLY to find that it gave me 2.3.4, which is still Gingerbread.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

Could just be me, but after the OTA update, it cleared my world clock and won't let me add any cities. Tried restarting my phone already, no luck.

I also lost all cities in the clock app. Clicking "Add city" lets me input a city name and then nothing.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Just got the update and now changes good or bad. Still no pictures in messages before clicking on who i want to txt. oh well.

Before update, my dinc2 wouldn't sign into Google Talk. The update appears to have resolved that for me. That still could be coincidence but I had rebooted the phone many times before and still couldn't get into Talk. Immediately after the update, that's the first thing I tried & it worked so I feel like giving the update the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by kjharrison View Post
    Was excited about an OTA update ONLY to find that it gave me 2.3.4, which is still Gingerbread.
    Yup Just a different build & radio #. Appears to be just a bug fix from our last update. At this point I'll take what I can get.

If its a bug fix, I don't see what it fixed. Messages still does not display Contacts pics and Clock also no longer let's you add a city to it. Even Thunderbolt has ICS for goodness sake. Inexcusable, and with ICS not even being the latest version of Android the chances of ICS on DINC2 look nil.

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #225  

I would a have been happy with getting rid of the htclinkify dispatcher crap. I thought they settled that with apple. Totally annoying having to use the browser for youtube links

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast