Any closer to getting ICS?

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I just spoke with a Verizon rep. Not asking about ICS, but rather if we are getting a bug fix for the last update cuz I've noticed problems since then. They said they didn't see anything about that. So then I processed to ask about ICS for the dInc2. So they read from the screen that the dInc2 did receive the ICS update!?! I said, um no we haven't! They said that most likely it only rolled out to a few devices and the rest should be getting it soon. I'm not holding my breath but that was surprising to hear!

That's good to hear I just moved on and thought we were getting it but since it seems they pushed it out to a few handsets that makes it more likely. Here's hoping.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
WEIRDNESS! Just went to my setting to check for software updates. That option is now grey, and I cannot select it.

Update: A restart fixed it. Still no updates available on my phone.

volleyfaj

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
So, all my android friends have gotten their updates and now my wife, with her iphone:eek:,
gets her software update today. Our overseas friends with the exact same phone, dinc s, have had theirs for sometime. WTH? I'm really feeling left out. :confused:
Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Blame it on Verizon I'm thinking HTC released to Verizon and they are holding up. Plain and simple Verizon sucks at updates.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

GeekCop

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
As I've said before, VZW is blowing smoke up our collective asses. Why don't they just come clean and tell us it's not going to happen?

Couck#WN

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
They can gain our trust that our android device wont be obsolete within 6 months of purchase. I mean cmon my wife has the iPhone 4s and had no problem getting apples new ios. We shouldn't have to always buy the newest device to get the newest os!!!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

c_hack

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Well my wife has had her iPhone 4 for 18 months and it is barely being supported by ios now in version 6!

I think the point is that after 18 months, your wife's iPhone received iOS 6 on the day the operating system was released. The iPhone 4, being 2 years old does not support all the features of the new OS, but still got all the features it can handle.

Do you think the HTC Incredibles will continue to get updates 2 years after they are released?

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I cannot wait to get ICS. I am counting down the days until the end of the year. I cannot wait!

You guys should not complain though, only because I hope HTC is taking a while just so that they get the update right without any bugs it anything wring with it....:):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

volleyfaj

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
You guys should not complain though, only because I hope HTC is taking a while just so that they get the update right without any bugs it anything wring with it....:):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Waiting to get what right? The update was rolled out to the dinc "s" months ago. It's the exact same phone! Any hold up is being done by VZW. I think we need to resign to the fact that we either hunker down and enjoy our phones as they are or, if ICS is a must, upgrade to a device already sporting it.

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Waiting to get what right? The update was rolled out to the dinc "s" months ago. It's the exact same phone! Any hold up is being done by VZW. I think we need to resign to the fact that we either hunker down and enjoy our phones as they are or, if ICS is a must, upgrade to a device already sporting it.

I'm sorry. I meant to say Verizon.I know that HTC has had it ready for some time, and that Verizon is just adding bloatware and stuff to it...

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. Verizon needs time to properly ruin it. My Girlfriend got the Jelly Bean ota on her galaxy Nexus this morning, and she could care less. Ugg. Frustrating

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Apparently HTC sent out a email saying we are sorry we missed the deadline and its still coming. But they had do a rework of the software and its now in testing. But they say its still coming sometime in the coming months. To me this is completely unacceptable they didn't say a release date just that it was coming in the next months. Also ICS is last years OS and by the time we get it Key Lime Pie will be out. HTC should do what Motorola did and offer a $100 rebate to any phone not getting jellybean.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Apparently HTC sent out a email saying we are sorry we missed the deadline and its still coming. But they had do a rework of the software and its now in testing. But they say its still coming sometime in the coming months. To me this is completely unacceptable they didn't say a release date just that it was coming in the next months. Also ICS is last years OS and by the time we get it Key Lime Pie will be out. HTC should do what Motorola did and offer a $100 rebate to any phone not getting jellybean.

I agree for the most part, but the only reason they don't update it to a newer OS than ICS is because of the RAM needed to use jellybean, or any newer OS. Our phones were mostly, at least usually, made for the OS they came for and maybe a newer OS. They also probably don't update it to jellybean because HTC already had much effort put into ICS, and since jellybean isn't a major upgrade like ICS is, they don't think that jellybean is necessary for such an "old" device......

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree for the most part, but the only reason they don't update it to a newer OS than ICS is because of the RAM needed to use jellybean, or any newer OS. Our phones were mostly, at least usually, made for the OS they came for and maybe a newer OS. They also probably don't update it to jellybean because HTC already had much effort put into ICS, and since jellybean isn't a major upgrade like ICS is, they don't think that jellybean is necessary for such an "old" device......

I don't care if they don't update it to Jelly Bean but I wish they would just update it a little quicker. It's been a year already.