Any closer to getting ICS?

juggle

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I get pretty good reception on my Droid Incredible 2, mostly 3+ bars.

I do as well, and wondered why so many people say they don't. But two trips to visit family in Ohio both resulted in me getting one bar at best while other VZW users around me had great signals. As a result my battery life tanked during both trips since the phone kept disconnecting and searching for signal.

But as soon as I got back home to AZ I was getting great signal again.

Don't know why but it sure seems like the towers in some areas just don't work well with the Inc2 even if they have good coverage for other handsets. All I can guess is it's something about some particular mix of equipment at some locations.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I think the DInc2 just has a weak radio. Mine suffered from the "iPhone death grip". It didn't work at all until I put a case on it. Seriously, I got the "No service available" message until I put the shell case on. I'm only sorry I waited so long to switch handsets.

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I do as well, and wondered why so many people say they don't. But two trips to visit family in Ohio both resulted in me getting one bar at best while other VZW users around me had great signals. As a result my battery life tanked during both trips since the phone kept disconnecting and searching for signal.

But as soon as I got back home to AZ I was getting great signal again.

Don't know why but it sure seems like the towers in some areas just don't work well with the Inc2 even if they have good coverage for other handsets. All I can guess is it's something about some particular mix of equipment at some locations.

My Incredible 2 has the same problem in some areas it has really good signal, but in other areas it has no signal and drops constantly to 1X and its always when I need the phone that it has the problem.About the update just let us know if we are getting it are not.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

anon(354569)

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I'm so irritated. Will rooting absolutely void my warranty?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

It will, however, you can almost always revert completely back to stock configuration if needed for a warranty issue. I recently rooted and am very glad that I did. Being able to now use my phone as a hotspot, alone was worth it. There are some bugs in the ICS ROMs but only minor. Once the actual ICS ROM gets released it will be even better. I would recommend it if you have the time.

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
It will, however, you can almost always revert completely back to stock configuration if needed for a warranty issue. I recently rooted and am very glad that I did. Being able to now use my phone as a hotspot, alone was worth it. There are some bugs in the ICS ROMs but only minor. Once the actual ICS ROM gets released it will be even better. I would recommend it if you have the time.

I was thinking of rooting but I'm not sure. Is it fairly easy to do.

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I am really hoping that we get updated, but if it doesn't happen, it wouldn't bother me any....

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums.

anon(354569)

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of rooting but I'm not sure. Is it fairly easy to do.

It isn't terribly difficult but it does take some time and research. I posted the link that I used a few posts back that you can read through and see if it is something that you can tackle. Good luck!

mcaples

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I found a way to make my Dinc2 feel like new...I would NOT recommend this be done ON PURPOSE...last week my Droid and I suffered a "gravitational issue (HA) and, while waiting the week for my CPO replacement, I was forced to go back to my old Blackberry Curve 8530. It was a tough week. Since I have no computer (personal or otherwise), I can't root. I use Holo Launcher and deal ith it. I'll be dumping VZW by Christmas ($250 ETF) since they got rid of unlimited data (I'm retired...YES I use A LOT of data <5-9 gb streeming audio>) I'm heading to Sprint. Their signal is strong around here and (for now) they got unlimited plans. There Gnex looks nice. I want go PURE GOOGLE. My Dinc2 was my 1st Android phone. Time for a cool change.

Last edited:

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It's not bad on 2.3.4 a few problems here or there.

Definitely. I get lag here and there, but it is not severe enough to change my opinion/make we want to change devices.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I like my Inc 2 as well but I'm getting the Note 2 when it comes out but I do hope this phone gets updated as I will undoubtedly switch back and forth at times.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Question? If ICS doesn't let you use your sd card to store apps, won't this update cripple the phone and render it almost unusable?

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Question? If ICS doesn't let you use your sd card to store apps, won't this update cripple the phone and render it almost unusable?

Yes it would. I would immediately probably call up HTC or Verizon and ask them what happened. I always keep as many apps on my SD card as possible.

This is why it wouldn't bother me if the phone didn't get an update. Right now, it runs perfectly and does what it is supposed to do perfectly.

Does anyone know if we will get a panoramic camera option?

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
It isn't terribly difficult but it does take some time and research. I posted the link that I used a few posts back that you can read through and see if it is something that you can tackle. Good luck!
I wouldn't say its difficult, but its not for people that don't know some simple commands in cmd. If your knowledgeable in computer, I don't think you will have any issues. Otherwise, I wouldn't try it. It is difficult for a reason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz