Google talk video chat

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I am going on a trip over seas and my gnex is not a world phone so vzw on thier world phone lending plan has sent me an incredible 2 for my trip. I cant seem to get google talk to recognise the ffc and allow video chats. is there some way to update the gapps version to get it to work? id like to video chat with my family while on my trip (on wifi of course)

I dislike skype from past experiences and everyone has google talk so this is what I want to have working.

thanks for any help!

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
63 views and No responses? does google talk video calls even work on this phone? I have had this option on my old thunderbolt that came out b4 this phone and on my Galaxy nexus since day one. whats going on here?

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I think it only works on ICS and up. I. Was trying to get it to work on both an incredible 2 and a galaxy tab 7 and no luck. I've only noticed the option on my gnex and my girls gnex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
my dad's and my mom's(my old one) thunderbolts running GB both have gtalk video chat stock. its just weird that since the Inc2 is "newer" then the tbolt it doesn't have the option. I could also do video with google talk on my galaxy tab 10.1 even when it was still on Honeycomb...oh well I guess google+ hangouts will have to do then. thanks

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Nope, vid chat still isn't available on the DINC2. There were some hacks to put it on. I was looking into it, but it didn't look like they worked very well.

anon(354569)

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Just did a hangout video chat last night and it worked really well on the DINC2. I haven't had any problems with skype though in the past either. But you might give the hangouts a try.

goyo21

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Download Vtok from Play Store. It like an extension of Google Talk. You'll be able to only see contacts if they're signed in to Talk and just hit the "video cam" symbol to connect.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums