- 1 Posts
My phone only works, as it should for about 2 hours a day. The rest of the time it freezes on a black screen. Popping the battery out does nothing. When I restart it the screen remains black. (It is like its stuck in sleep mode) Deleted tons of apps, pics, etc. The lights still light up, still makes sounds ( I can get calls but can't answer them).....but cannot get it off that black screen. I'm scared to do a factory restart because I'm afraid it will freeze midway. Any suggestions? Aside from buying a new one....that's not an option at the moment.
- 12-31-2012, 06:49 PM #2
I would do a factory reset after backing up your data. Do a HARD reset. Heres how:
Press the Power button for 3 - 5 seconds.
Select Power off.
Note If the device isn't responding proceed with step 3.
Remove / replace the battery.
Press and hold the Volume down key then press and hold the Power button for 3 to 5 seconds.
When the HBOOT screen appears, release the Volume down key.
Press the Volume key to select FACTORY RESET then press the Power button.
Note This boot process takes several moments. If the device hangs or freezes, remove / replace the battery.
If its not working correctly right now, you best chance is to factory reset it. It can't get worse.
- By Rene Ritchie in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 157Last Post: 06-02-2013, 04:17 PM
- By Dieter Bohn in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 14Last Post: 04-26-2013, 08:08 AM
- By gadgetgirl#ac in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 54Last Post: 12-14-2009, 09:59 PM
- By android007 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 03-17-2009, 05:28 PM
- By android007 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 02-06-2009, 12:15 PM