INCR 2 Will not boot past white screen - need help please

ITAVA

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
HTC Droid Incredible 2 - factory version

Hi My phone did an update the other day and started a reboot, but froze at the first white screen and will not go any further. It was gettign th latest version of the Facebook app.

I can boot into the Android selection menu. a Verizon tech told me i could download the latest version to my SD card and do a recovery fom there. I need help in that dsept. A few questions here and THANK YOU for this site and for helping.

Q1 What is the latest version android i can put on my phone (Factory, not root) I have searched the entire internet and also internets on Mars and Jupiter and cannot find that info to save my life (so im glad my life didnt depend on it)
EDIT: I just found this answer, posting here >> ver 2.2 (FROYO) HTC Droid Incredible 2 ? Android Device Gallery

Q2 What is the procedure to download the latest version to my computer, and then to an SD card. I also need the loation of where i may manually DL this update.

Q3 I would presume once i unzip the DL file, i put it on the root level of the SD card and do a recovery from there. Is this correct? Also will this recovery bake my contacts and apps? Id rather not have to go through all that reinstallation, but Im backed up as far as contacts go.

Q4 Lastly.. (maybe i should have asked this first) is there any hope or shoudl I cut my losses and get a replacement from Verizon. I just need to get talking again, my clients think Im on a bender or something (I wish and may after thsi is resolved!)

thanks again.

Last edited:

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Have you done a factory reset? With the phone off hold down the power and volume down buttons, than scroll with volume and select with the power button. This will erase everything on your phone as will every other option you have.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech