Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default notification sounds for mail app driving me crazy!

Hello all yes I'm a noob I just got the phone. However I thought I was pretty good with these things. It is running stock 2.3.4. I have two IMAP accounts setup with the default mail app which work fine. The problem is that I hear a notification sound when a new mail arrives. I do not want this. So I go into the mail app. For each account I go to account settings-> notification settings-> and I have email notifications set to on, sound off, vibrate off. I did this on both accounts. What am I missing here? I even set email notifications to off as well but I'm still notified and still hear the sound. It's like these settings don't even work. Thanks for any advice!

Default Re: notification sounds for mail app driving me crazy!

Don't know if this will work (long shot) but try: Settings > Sound > Volume and uncheck "Use incoming call volume for notifications" if it's checked.

Default Re: notification sounds for mail app driving me crazy!

I use gmail. The menu items sound a bit different than yours. After selecting the account, I then select "inbox" from the "labels to notify" item. In there, I select "ringtone", and there I have to select "silent" ringtone. Somewhat complex!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2