- 1 Posts
notification sounds for mail app driving me crazy!
Hello all yes I'm a noob I just got the phone. However I thought I was pretty good with these things. It is running stock 2.3.4. I have two IMAP accounts setup with the default mail app which work fine. The problem is that I hear a notification sound when a new mail arrives. I do not want this. So I go into the mail app. For each account I go to account settings-> notification settings-> and I have email notifications set to on, sound off, vibrate off. I did this on both accounts. What am I missing here? I even set email notifications to off as well but I'm still notified and still hear the sound. It's like these settings don't even work. Thanks for any advice!
- 02-10-2013, 12:52 PM #2
- 02-12-2013, 11:43 AM #3
- 13 Posts
Re: notification sounds for mail app driving me crazy!
I use gmail. The menu items sound a bit different than yours. After selecting the account, I then select "inbox" from the "labels to notify" item. In there, I select "ringtone", and there I have to select "silent" ringtone. Somewhat complex!
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
- By adaorange in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 5Last Post: 03-19-2011, 10:38 AM
- By srvac in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 7Last Post: 10-14-2010, 11:43 AM
- By paul386 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 15Last Post: 05-18-2010, 06:43 PM
- By calllka in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 1Last Post: 05-17-2010, 08:15 PM
- By skipavm in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 1Last Post: 05-03-2010, 04:00 PM