Who still has one?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys think about the Razr M? it's smaller than the DInc2, but has a bigger screen. Comes with JellyBean and it's free right now with a upgrade. I'm gonna go touch one in store today to see if I like it.

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
What do you guys think about the Razr M? it's smaller than the DInc2, but has a bigger screen. Comes with JellyBean and it's free right now with a upgrade. I'm gonna go touch one in store today to see if I like it.

I like it and think it is awesome, but I like my removable battery more...

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

chshrkt

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to get a general idea of how many people still have one. The forums seem kinda dead so I just wanted to know...

I have three in my family. Me, my wife and our daughter. We all use them constantly, whipping them out to look up some random questions we had on Google, etc. They do the job and I am happy with them the way they are. All our phones were eligible for upgrade at the beginning of this month.

I am hesitant to upgrade because of the Unlimited Data loss, but to be honest, the most data any of us have used is a bit over 1GB, since we don't really stream stuff. Then again, it does pretty much what I want for a "Freaking Computer I stick in my pocket!"

I mean really, a couple years ago, I had pie in the sky dreams that I would be able to do 'HALF' what I can do with this phone now.

I am not really in any hurry to grab the latest and greatest, especially since 4G coverage is so spotty and just sucks the battery harder.

grvthang

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using mine, unrooted. I'm due for an upgrade now, but there's nothing currently on VZW that knocks my socks off to the point where I'd give up my unlimited data.

The RAZR MAX HD (or however it's misspelled) piqued my interest due to its battery life, but I've always heard bad things about the cameras in Motorola phones.

The rep at VZW tried to sell me a DNA, but it's already 4-5 months old; I told him that VZW already burned me on an OS upgrade that never happened (ICS on the DInc2), and I'm not inviting that to happen again.

Any talk of VZW getting the HTC One?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using mine, unrooted. I'm due for an upgrade now, but there's nothing currently on VZW that knocks my socks off to the point where I'd give up my unlimited data.

Any talk of VZW getting the HTC One?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Have you ever thought of the new Blackberries? I know you probably want to stay on Android, but I have heard fantastic things about OS10.

About the One, it all depends on who you ask because I have heard that they might get it, but have also heard that the Droid DNA is Verizon's version of the One...

bartclan

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted but running BoneStock. Any big issues with moving to CM10? OC required? And what is battery life like with both OC and CM10?

bartclan

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Still my daily device. Finally rooted about two month ago, primarily to remove bloatware. Tried some alternative ROMs but many still had bugs that I found inconvenient. I'm now runing BoneStock and am very happy. I'll probably carry it until it dies.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I would love to root mine and get the Verizon crap out, but I'm scared of bricking it. Anyone know a good clean website with clear instructions for root? I haven't been experimental since my blackberry days...

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
My sister has one :) she loves it. Always has it looking so cool with the different screen setups and stuff. In fact, she refuses to upgrade until the thing dies lol.

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!! :)

ViperGeek

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I would love to root mine and get the Verizon crap out, but I'm scared of bricking it. Anyone know a good clean website with clear instructions for root? I haven't been experimental since my blackberry days...
The best source for DInc2 rooting is here:

[GUIDE] Comprehensive S-OFF/Root Methods - xda-developers

I used the Revolutionary S-OFF & Recovery Tool and it was a one-stop rooting/S-OFF process, but read the above thread before proceeding.

- Dave

ViperGeek

May 2, 2011
Visit site
My DInc2 is still my daily driver. It's unlocked, rooted, OC'ed, and running CM10. There's no big reason to retire it -- that is, unless the GS4 catches my fancy.

This past Tuesday, May 21st, 2013, I caved and upgraded to the quad-core, 1.9 GHz, Snapdragon 600-based Samsung Galaxy S4. I will miss my top-of-the-line-at-the-time HTC Incredible 2. It is currently in the final stages of being wiped and handed down to my grandson for gaming + Skype + TiKL + Facebook use (scripted for Wi-Fi Only).

- Dave

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Still holding my DInc2, unlocked, as a spare. I pop in a SIM card for international travel. I moved up to the DInc 4G. Definitely a bad idea as this phone is going no where update wise. The next version of the DNA might be a contender. More than likely, I will switch carriers.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I still have mine. Unrooted with Holo Launcher. I'm due for an upgrade next month. Looking at the LG spectrum 2.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums