Phone won't turn on without removing battery first

rh18

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a used (out of warranty) DINC 2 rooted with Cyanogenmod 7.2 installed (Page Plus). The phone has been working fine for about a month. All of the sudden, the phone will not turn on unless I remove the battery first. If I remove the battery and boot the phone, everything works fine until I turn it off and then it won't come back on. If I do a complete shut-down, then it will turn on. I tried wiping the cache - no help. I tried restoring an old backup that was working at the time - no help. Any ideas? What should I try next to debug this?

UPDATE: I think I might have figured it out. I borrowed a battery from another phone and it seems to work fine with a different battery. Anyone have recommendations for a good aftermarket battery (not extended) for the DINC2?

UPDATE 2: The "fix" didn't last. The same problem resumed after an hour or so on the other battery. Still open to suggestions.

Last edited:

rh18

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a different ROM?

No it's been running fine on CM7.2 for 4 or 5 weeks and this behavior just happened all the sudden, so it doesn't seem like it would be a ROM issue. But if I can't come up with anything else, it's worth a try. Plus I'm still pretty new to custom ROMs, so it can be a little intimidating to move to something else.

tlehmann

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Is your phone crashing at all? I had a problem like this with my Galaxy S3. Eventually, the phone simply wouldn't accept battery power. Now I cannot boot my phone. I'd back up everything now, just to be safe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney