1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dinc2 not charging properly.

Phone not charging when plugged into wall OR computer occasionally. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't want to charge I've tried multiple different chargers and different USB cords to no avail. Sometimes switching to Airplane mode helps, sometimes not. Turning it off will charge very slowly when it feels like being slow. Using OEM standard battery vs my less than year old extended battery vs using brand new battery makes no difference, so not a battery problem. I replaced the micro USB port earlier this year and there appears to be no damage to it yet, no wiggling or stripping and links to computer fine. Watchdog app doesn't report any apps acting up. Its way past warranty as well and local Verizon stores said they can't even fix these anymore. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Dinc2 not charging properly.

Welcome to Android Central! Sounds like you've narrowed it down to the port. Unfortunately, just because it was replaced earlier this year doesn't mean it can't fail again. When it isn't charging, does the USB data connection to the computer still work? Because if they both fail at the same time, then it's almost certainly the port.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Dinc2 not charging properly.

Connection still works fine. I'm able to switch to Disk Drive Mode and move files in and out without any issues.