Dinc 2 Pics

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I posted this on the blog post, I'll copy it here

Here's a thought I had earlier, if the buttons rotate in landscape, that would suggest that they are just part of the screen. So, in theory, do you think the right developer will be able to customize those buttons entirely?

generous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I posted this on the blog post, I'll copy it here

Here's a thought I had earlier, if the buttons rotate in landscape, that would suggest that they are just part of the screen. So, in theory, do you think the right developer will be able to customize those buttons entirely?

There are tons of videos of it in action. (on the inc s) From the looks of it, I do not foresee the images being customizable, even with root access.

What I can see, are hacks to adjust how/when the images rotate. Or even some annoying blinking of individual keys for notifications, etc.

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty excited for this phone. I just wish that it was the same size as the original. That was a perfect size for me. For being a 4 inch screen compared to the 4.3 inch screen of the tbolt, its only 2 mm smaller(both length and height). I just hope it doesn't lose the nice feel that the DInc had.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I've really got an itch for this phone. Having waited so long for the TB and the subsequent reviews and related fixes I figured that a few more weeks may perhaps be worth the wait.

LTE won't come to the area for many moons here so, the fact that Dinc2 doesn't have it is not an issue. The kickstand... meh. Rather not have one.

Hope the Dinc2 is released soon and doesn't disappoint.

chassum

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the Eris, this will be a much larger phone for me. Wife & kids have the TB which is just too big for my liking. 4" is probably th largest that I would be happy with.

chassum

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I guess the pics are VZ's way of letting us know they're not going to wait for 2.3 to release the Incredible 2...

zap-uh

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm with chassum. I was excited about the Thunderbolt but when I went to check it out, it just seemed a tad too big for me. I'm coming from an OG Droid and I literally just received an early upgrade option from Verizon and I'm thinking of going with the DInc2. It's more or less the same thing as the Thunderbolt without LTE correct? I don't have LTE in my area anyways.

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll be ordering online and shipping it straight here to Qatar so I can ditch this Storm2, been with BB for 6 years now...my patience can only last so long when new stuff keeps coming from everywhere else

chassum

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
good to see the Droid red-eye in the latest batch of semi-official leaked photos. Seems like Droid phones get all the best VZ love.

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
No Dinc 2 for me !!

-no 3rd gen AMOLED
- 4G ???
- No Gingerbread??
- Dual core?
-Small battery again?

I'm not sure how much HTC is really improving/advancing ANY of their devices lately, I'm not impressed with them at all right now.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The virtual soft keys are going to be cool. Phone looks really nice but i'm in the boat that doesn't like the tiered back panel :-!

mturco

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
-no 3rd gen AMOLED
Actually the SLCD screen looks really, really good despite not being AMOLED. (See this thread on xda-developers for some comparisons with other screens.) Plus, AMOLED screens consume a LOT of battery life, so it's almost worth not having it (in my opinion of course).

Not only is 4G expensive and power consuming (see Thunderbolt), but Verizon's 3G is actually decently fast already. And that's when you're not already on wifi anyway.

- No Gingerbread??
According to some people who have contacted HTC about it, they're releasing the Gingerbread update in June if not sooner (see here).

- Dual core?
This has been said to death, but... Android isn't even optimized for dual core processors yet. It would definitely make it faster, but it's already really fast. Engadget certainly thought so. And on top of all that, a dual core processor would just consume even more battery life.

-Small battery again?
Actually, it's decent size. Here are some other battery sizes for reference:

- HTC Incredible 2 (1450mAh)
- Droid Incredible (1300mAh)
- iPhone 4 (1420 mAh)
- Thunderbolt (1400mAh)
- HP Pre 3 (1230mAh)
- HTC Sensation (1520mAh)

So it's really not that small in comparison. And in case you still don't believe me... here's an excerpt from the Engadget review:

Battery life

Returning to the aforementioned battery life on the Incredible S, it's pretty darn impressive. In one rundown test, we managed to pass the 12-hour mark with 10 percent of juice left in spite of watching a two-hour movie (Star Trek II, thanks for asking), handling our contraband gadget emails, testing out in-browser Flash playback, and setting aside a few minutes for Angry Birds. There were, of course, periods of the phone just sitting idle (mostly idle, Gmails never stopped coming in), but it's undeniable that the Incredible S leaves predecessors like the Desire and Desire HD looking at the ground in shame. That 1450mAh cell seems to be used judiciously as well, as we noticed the vast majority of power was being consumed by the screen or the apps we had running in the foreground -- exactly the way it ought to be. Should you be content with a slightly lower screen brightness and a little less multimedia action, we can imagine getting a couple of days out of the Incredible S on a regular basis.

So yeah it's going to be a great phone. =P

Last edited: