Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dinc 2 = 3G Thunderbolt?

Besides 4G on the TB, what is the major differences between the two?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,083 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Kickstand. I'm sure the big one will be price point.

4" screen vs 4.3" screen (a big deal since a lot of people think 4" is the perfect size)

And those awesome Android buttons that rotate with the phone when you go from portrait to landscape.
    Last edited by iamlilysdad; 04-07-2011 at 12:49 AM. Reason: clarified
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

I won't know if the 4" screen is "perfect" until I see it. Really glad this thing is (supposedly) going to work overseas on GSM networks. Awesome!
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > OG Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r)
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,083 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    I won't know if the 4" screen is "perfect" until I see it. Really glad this thing is (supposedly) going to work overseas on GSM networks. Awesome!
    clarified my post. Both are Super LCD so screen quality should be equal (we all know how that could go, though), and with a smaller physical size the 4" screen should look a little sharper.

If price wasn't necessarily an issue, then why would someone pick this over the HTC Thunderbolt?

I mean the Thunderbolt has 4g (really big thing) and you can lock in the $30 pricing if you get it now. Also it has a kickstand (minor thing) and a slightly bigger screen (usually seen as good).

There is not alot of differentiation going on here and that's just plain confusing for a consumer.

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts

Google translate will come in handy on my Italy vacation this summer.

Inc 2 will likely be $200 on contract opposed to the TBolt's $250. Inc 2 has also been mentioned as a "wold phone" so it might be a better choice for business people. Tbolt has LTE. Other than that, I get the impression that they are basically the same phone.

But that could be said for all of HTC's current offering other than the Evo 3D
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Battery life?

I love my Dinc. Would miss the trackpad though.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

The main reason why I originally liked this phone over the bolt was because I assumed it would be smaller but the dimensions are virtually the same. I still think I will get it if it has the global capacity, but that isn't a huge deal. There will need to be a significantly cheaper price or some other feature that makes it stand apart from the bolt.

I know that the battery life of the original Dinc was far superior to the Tbolt's and hopefully it will continue with the 2...I had the Tbolt for 1 week and could not stomach its pitiful battery life...took it back to wait for either the Dinc2 or the Droid Bionic

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Captcha Your Soul View Post
    If price wasn't necessarily an issue, then why would someone pick this over the HTC Thunderbolt?

I mean the Thunderbolt has 4g (really big thing) and you can lock in the $30 pricing if you get it now. Also it has a kickstand (minor thing) and a slightly bigger screen (usually seen as good).

There is not alot of differentiation going on here and that's just plain confusing for a consumer.
    Yeah but if you're not in one of the 38 markets that have LTE, than the LTE isn't that big a deal. Inc 2 is the perfect option for someone who wants a Bolt minus the bolts atrocious battery life and live somewhere where LTE will not be for quite some time.
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram @EvanR32

+1 That's my story and I'm sticking with it

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

LTE is nice but I have wifi at home and work. Just would like a 4" screen and global roaming. This is it.

ROM
    Stocked out! Whoo!!!

Yea. I agree. As speculation that the Merge isn't happening continues, I might cave and get this instead. I have internet pretty much most places I go. And I don't need fast phone intertubes.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7 RC1.8

What about the ability to use voice and data at the same time? Will the inc2 have that ability when it's here in the states on a cdma network like the TB can do?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,083 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I would think that battery life will be better than the thunderbolt because it'll be short a LTE radio.

So it should be on par with the battery life I get, which is pretty good.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

I hope that the battery holds strong. I do want this phone, but i'm not going to purchase for the first day until I see some reviews to see if its worth it or go for something else

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

I'm definitely looking forward to this phone. Having a BB for the past five years has been long enough. I need to take the jump from my tour as soon as possible as the thing is dying a slow death. While I wouldn't mind 4g as I live in a 4g area, I don't want the 4.3 screen in the TB and I want a phone to last me all day thru moderate use.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Honestly, I would wait about a month to read reports of battery life, GPS, and other points.

I've bought two phones now on launch day and almost regret doing so; would rather have waited.

I like the single-piece battery back cover the this and the EVO have versus the partial back battery cover the Thunderbolt has. Much easier to design a smoother extended battery cover as opposed to the pregnant look the Bolt's extended battery gives it.

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    clarified my post. Both are Super LCD so screen quality should be equal (we all know how that could go, though), and with a smaller physical size the 4" screen should look a little sharper.

100% wrong. The incredible 2 (s) has a super LCD screen while the thunderbolt has a new TFT screen. The difference is highly noticeable on pictures with the thunderbolt and incredible s side by side (forgot what website these pics were on).

Also, a friend on mine emailed HTC and they confirmed that the thunderbolt DOES NOT have a super lcd display.

How solid is the world phone spec? That would be very nice.

I'm in LTE area, but don't want to have to be tied to chargers or worried about flipping 4g on/off to get through the day. If TB came with full days worth of battery life then TB for sure. Looking forward to DInc 2.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,083 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dave9851 View Post
    100% wrong. The incredible 2 (s) has a super LCD screen while the thunderbolt has a new TFT screen. The difference is highly noticeable on pictures with the thunderbolt and incredible s side by side (forgot what website these pics were on).

Also, a friend on mine emailed HTC and they confirmed that the thunderbolt DOES NOT have a super lcd display.
    Not 100%. I was wrong about the screen type, yes, but my statement about sharpness still stands. DPI is higher on the Inc 2 than the Thunderbolt.

All I had to do to find out the screen type was look at HTC's website. It didn't take an email. Full specs are HERE.

Which only supports the fact that this phone (IMHO) is the best option for people that won't have LTE for a while. (between this and the Thunderbolt)

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    Not 100%. I was wrong about the screen type, yes, but my statement about sharpness still stands. DPI is higher on the Inc 2 than the Thunderbolt.

All I had to do to find out the screen type was look at HTC's website. It didn't take an email. Full specs are HERE.

Which only supports the fact that this phone (IMHO) is the best option for people that won't have LTE for a while. (between this and the Thunderbolt)
    agreed. I first got interested in the bolt when it was rumored to be the "incredible hd". If I lived somewhere with no LTE coming for a year or two then I would be getting this over the bolt easily.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast