Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: Unlocking the SIM card

Quote Originally Posted by Ultranius View Post
    Hi, TBolt. The first Verizon Rep gave me the number to Global Support. The rep from Global Support told me that they're not supposed to unlock the phones, which I didn't believe for one second. Any ideas?
    Talk to another rep. Then, ask for a supervisor.

I'll be pissed off if Verizon changed their policy about unlocking phones. I'd argue that all the way up to corporate. Then, I'd tell them to buy their damn phone & contract back.

Absolutely ridiculous service.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)

@TBolt - Thanks, I'll try that again, either tonight and tomorrow. I'll try to post my results here. I'm sure there are others who need the same service done. I hear great things about Straight Talk (reason for the unlock), I just hope it all works out.

EDIT: The third person I spoke with gave me the unlock code with zero hassle. Now what do I do to get Straight Talk (AT&T) SIM card to work on it?

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Talk to another rep. Then, ask for a supervisor.

I'll be pissed off if Verizon changed their policy about unlocking phones. I'd argue that all the way up to corporate. Then, I'd tell them to buy their damn phone & contract back.

Absolutely ridiculous service.

Last edited by Ultranius; 12-04-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

I'm sure at&t got sued for it, but i do believe the fcc has regulations against it. Tell them your going to make a formal complaint with the fcc. You will get the oh sh%$ in the voice lmfao

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

@cyanogen-man - Good point. I wouldv'e done that if the third person didn't assist me. It's sad that it took this many tries, but at least it worked.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

I can't help with the new service you're trying to use. No experience. Sorry. Glad you're unlocked, tho.

Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)

@TBolt - No worries. Thanks for the tips, though!

watexactly did u have tell them u wer unlocking the fone for i also need the sim lock code?

@Brandon Clark1 - I just kept asking for the unlock code because I'll be jumping to Straight Talk. It took three tries, but it worked in the end. Now I have unlimited everything with ST. Only issue that my Incredible 2 uses AT&T's older Edge network, which is pre-3G, but at least it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Clark1 View Post
    watexactly did u have tell them u wer unlocking the fone for i also need the sim lock code?

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Clark1 View Post
    What mobile phone you need to unlock? If it a GSM carrier you wanna unlock then you can purchase sim lock code from any commercial vendors online like Wickedunlock.com

All these services have to give you your unlock code, it's your right as a customer. Do not, I repeat, do NOT pay any service for an unlock code when you can get it for free from your service provider. The customer service agents are instructed to give you a hard time in the hopes that you'll give up and just upgrade your phone or pay a buy-out fee to get out of your contract. Keep calling back. Don't give up. You will get that code. It took me three times. It might take you five times, or ten times, or maybe just once. Get that code (for FREE), do not ever pay anyone for it -- EVER -- go unlock your phone and do as you will. It worked for me, it will work for you.

p.s. Ignore anyone trying to tell you to go somewhere so that you'll have pay for it. They may be trolling the forums for business.

Quote Originally Posted by crazygal View Post
    What mobile phone you need to unlock? If it a GSM carrier you wanna unlock then you can purchase sim lock code from any commercial vendors online like Wickedunlock.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123