Bought it!

mturco

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Forgot what it's like having to install apps without Titanium

I know, right? And not being able to uninstall whatever apps I want is frustrating.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread over at XDA about rooting the Incredible S. Looks like they've made some progress but are having a hard time. Hopefully devs from the US will pick up an Incredible 2 and we'll get it rooted. *fingers crossed*

sumner929

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Had the DINC, but it was "stolen" (i.e. I messed it up). Was going to do the insurance thing but since this phone is coming out I figured I'd upgrade early after my one year mark. Thought it was today, turns out its tomorrow, but for whatever reason VZW would not let me do it a day early. Talk about being anal. Is it me, or has VZW lately been difficult to deal with ever since they got the iPhone. Like they can treat all their customers (even long timers like me who been with them for almost 10 years) like ****. I digress...but just saying.

Can't wait to have this phone!

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I know, right? And not being able to uninstall whatever apps I want is frustrating.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread over at XDA about rooting the Incredible S. Looks like they've made some progress but are having a hard time. Hopefully devs from the US will pick up an Incredible 2 and we'll get it rooted. *fingers crossed*

I know, I'm doing the same. I think I read one of them has the exploit but is waiting because he doesn't want HTC to patch it prior to the Sensation release.

I think this go around I'm going to root so I can remove the bloat, no more messing with roms and such.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
bought it from VZW? i thought they promised everyone overnight delivery. hope you get it tomorrow then.

Yeah so i forgot to put in the code for free next day so now I'm stuck waiting until Monday through the way I think about it should be here on sat but hmm guess this is luck. Tried to call and ask about changing it but I was to late it has already been picked up

DMAC55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up this morning at the local store. Was going to order online but I thought I would try the store as I usually have pretty good luck there. The associate there was a bit confused but the manager knew the DInc2 was available. Then it would not ring up on the register but the manager fixed that too.

Anyhow, I digress...I came from 11 years straight with BB, most recently a Storm 2. There is a lot to like about BB but for me, the technology and hardware reliability is slipping fast. I was doing battery pulls about every other day to maintain usability. So, I lurked here instead of my usual time on CB for the past several weeks. I learned what I could from reading here and on other sites and decided to give Android a try. 4G is arriving in my area later this year but I think I can live without that to obtain global capability and a slightly larger battery with a slightly smaller screen.

The time I have spent with the phone has been unbelievable compared to the Storm 2. Typing is exceedingly better and faster for me as compared to the SurePress screen. Phone calls are crystal clear and all other functions I have played with are impressive. It's only been a few hours but I am amazed at how much better the user experience is with this phone over the BB.

jansz811

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Picking up this phone tomorrow. Coming off the Samsung Rogue. Can't wait to get a phone in my hand that can do more then make phone calls.

jansz811

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up this morning at the local store. Was going to order online but I thought I would try the store as I usually have pretty good luck there. The associate there was a bit confused but the manager knew the DInc2 was available. Then it would not ring up on the register but the manager fixed that too.

Anyhow, I digress...I came from 11 years straight with BB, most recently a Storm 2. There is a lot to like about BB but for me, the technology and hardware reliability is slipping fast. I was doing battery pulls about every other day to maintain usability. So, I lurked here instead of my usual time on CB for the past several weeks. I learned what I could from reading here and on other sites and decided to give Android a try. 4G is arriving in my area later this year but I think I can live without that to obtain global capability and a slightly larger battery with a slightly smaller screen.

The time I have spent with the phone has been unbelievable compared to the Storm 2. Typing is exceedingly better and faster for me as compared to the SurePress screen. Phone calls are crystal clear and all other functions I have played with are impressive. It's only been a few hours but I am amazed at how much better the user experience is with this phone over the BB.
Did they seems to have a good amount in the store? I will be getting mine tomorrow and was worried they would run out of stock. What do you think?

DMAC55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Did they seems to have a good amount in the store? I will be getting mine tomorrow and was worried they would run out of stock. What do you think?

I should have asked how many were in stock but didn't. The phone was in the back of the store. Good luck tomorrow. Hopefully they have plenty in your area.

mthornto88

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

DMAC55 welcome to Android. I like you had the BB storm2 for the last 2 years. You will be pleasantly surprised with android. It's so faster than our storm. One thing I had issue with is and you might too is the notifications. In Blackberry, you can set them at a profile level. In android, every app can have their own sound. It's nice, but you can't set it globally. That's one thing BB has over Android. I hope you enjoy the DINC2.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Although, when your first web page renders without the need for "mobile" web settings, you quickly forget about the crappy notifications issue. ;) lol.

Not to mention apps, apps, apps!

drWaLLs

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Ordered one - should be here Monday. Moving from a Bold 9650 (Had a tour but Verizon replaced). Wife wasn't brave enough to go to a touch screen so I got her a Droid 2 Global - wish Verizon had HTC Merge though.

nbaresejr

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine after seeing it in the store.

Amazing that i can pay less online through verizonwireless.com then in the official verizon store. I was there and told him it was 159 for me online and they wanted 169 in the store and they couldnt do anything.

vitomins

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
DMAC55 welcome to Android. I like you had the BB storm2 for the last 2 years. You will be pleasantly surprised with android. It's so faster than our storm. One thing I had issue with is and you might too is the notifications. In Blackberry, you can set them at a profile level. In android, every app can have their own sound. It's nice, but you can't set it globally. That's one thing BB has over Android. I hope you enjoy the DINC2.

I'm not quite sure if this is what you mean, but if you set your Notification Sound (Settings>Sound>Notification Sound) to a certain ring, than have every notification set on default ringtone (which is the default setting), it will change all of your notifications.

Since you mentioned profiles, I am guessing I am way off here haha.

DMAC55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for the welcome. Last night, I had time to look for apps that I had on the BB. It was great to download apps without typing in usernames and passwords to verify my identity every time! It was also very fast and the apps worked immediately. I discovered what you are referring to with regard to notifications but so far, I think it's a small price to pay for all the other advantages I am noting. My typing on the touch screen has already improved over 2 years with SurePress. I am still discovering other items but the change so far has been excellent and I have noted no problems that others have posted here.

mthornto88

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Although, when your first web page renders without the need for "mobile" web settings, you quickly forget about the crappy notifications issue. ;) lol.

Not to mention apps, apps, apps!

Haha.. Yes getting a webpage to render right away is always a nice thing. It's well worth the switch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463