Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Incred 2 problems

Tried to buy it from verizon today and when i would go to dial out it would put a country code like i was dialing international and would not dial the right number. They wouldn't sell the phone after that. Anyone else have same problem.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I'll let you know on Monday man I hate to wait
    Rooted for life

they didn't have another unit in stock to give you?
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)

I went into my local store today and they said they were displaying the phone but not selling it to anyone, so maybe they've already found some widespread problem that warranted not selling...

ROM
    Stock for now

Weird......

My mom was able to get hers today here in Ohio and I have been helping her set it up all day. This is her first smartphone.

I have noticed that her weather widget keeps jumping all over the country and won't find her right location.

This is something trivial, but I also noticed when setting up Facebook on her phone that it puts the wrong dates in for everyones bday in her contact list.

However, I have the Evo 4G and contact info with the same names is fine on my device.

Not sure why hers isn't syncing info correctly.

I was also showing her how to use google maps and for some reason it was running very very slow and wouldn't pull up her location.

So a few little bugs haven't noticed anything else yet.

I bout mine about 4 hours ago and its working great. Only problem is I have no signal in my office so i can't download my apps

but yeah no problems so far

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

I haven't had any of the issues discussed above.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Gonna try it again today.

ROM
    CleanRom 5.0

Default Updating Android Market??

Has anyone who obtained the Incredible 2 having trouble updating the Market? I have reset my phone once already and its still the old Market interface. Checked troubleshooting on the Android Market site and it suggests to go into the Market, then hit HOME and it will update itself, but has not yet.

Also, I cannot locate PDANET in Market...not sure if its related to me being unable to update.

Thanks!
    Thanked by:

aj,

go to settings > applications > all > market > clear data and cache > reboot phone

when you open market the next time it should update
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ajnevares View Post
    Has anyone who obtained the Incredible 2 having trouble updating the Market? I have reset my phone once already and its still the old Market interface. Checked troubleshooting on the Android Market site and it suggests to go into the Market, then hit HOME and it will update itself, but has not yet.

Also, I cannot locate PDANET in Market...not sure if its related to me being unable to update.

Thanks!
    Give it some time. Mine after about an hour synced and now I have the new market. You can also try going into applications and clearing the cache for the market and then launching it.
    Thanked by:

pdaNet is not visible in the Market for Inc owners - i just checked.

as i recall, the download & install starts at the PC, not on the phone:

Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

The problem with my phone is that it keeps adding the country code to the contact phone number before it dials out. Any way to stop this?
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

That's odd will have to look into it but looks like a software bug to me
    Rooted for life

Kevin, did you call VZW support yet? They may have to guide you through some settings changes.

I had to talk to them last night about an Inc2 that wasn't being authenticated by the network.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Default capacitive buttons

Went into a Verizon store to play with the Dinc2 a bit. The capacitive buttons didn't rotate on the demo-phone. (The sales associate was unaware that they had that ability)

Any problems with the ones in the wild?

Nope. Were you rotating it to the right? It oh works to the right. Not the left.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

I got my Inc 2 on Thursday, and the market finally updated this morning.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Talked to Verizon who transferred me to HTC, who laughed and sent me back to verizon who told me that i could call google but they didn't know what to do. They are going to send me a new phone that should be here tomorrow. Nobody else has the problem where when you dial a number out of your contacts that it puts the country code 00151 in front of the number and fails?

No it doesn't sound like anyone's having that problem

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kevin082071 View Post
    Talked to Verizon who transferred me to HTC, who laughed and sent me back to verizon
    Honestly, I don't know what ***** at VZW you were talking to, but, if VZW is the retailer, they should have never sent you to HTC. That's unreal.

Glad you have a new phone on the way.

Not really a problem with the Inc2 - just an observation.

In camera mode, when you long-press on the screen, the camera won't take a picture. On the original Inc, the camera will focus then take a picture.

---

Is there a setting that has to be changed regarding the speakers? I expected calls on speakerphone to sound better than on the original Inc.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevin082071 View Post
    The problem with my phone is that it keeps adding the country code to the contact phone number before it dials out. Any way to stop this?
    Not sure If this has been answered or not but normally that happens if you have Facebook contacts ( could only be one) syncing with international numbers, try removing your Facebook account and reset to see if that fixes the issue. If so get rid of that friend lol.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

I factory restored the phone 3 times and added one contact in the phone and still the same problem, could it be vodaphone card that is reading wrong. Both phones that she has been given do the same thing and the demo at our local store was doing it. I am beginning to think that it is something that is coming out of our local store that they are doing wrong.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast