This awesome phone is in my hands. Any questions?

an_icon

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
INC2

I was gonna buy it today but looked at it and decided not to. it looks awesome but the screen is barely bigger. The width is exactly the same and the length was only 1/4" bigger, not worth my $200 hundred bucks. Glad you like it and enjoy. What else does HTC have up its sleeve? I dont live in a 4G area and wont get it until 2012 sometime ):

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I was gonna buy it today but looked at it and decided not to. it looks awesome but the screen is barely bigger. The width is exactly the same and the length was only 1/4" bigger, not worth my $200 hundred bucks. Glad you like it and enjoy. What else does HTC have up its sleeve? I dont live in a 4G area and wont get it until 2012 sometime ):

It's not always about the overall size of the phone. The inc2 screen takes up more on the front of the phone, plus there is no trackball thing.

The 4" screen is a HUGE upgrade over 3.7". I've only been using the inc2 for a few hours now, but when I go back to the inc1, the screen is so tiny and it bothers me.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's not always about the overall size of the phone. The inc2 screen takes up more on the front of the phone, plus there is no trackball thing.

The 4" screen is a HUGE upgrade over 3.7". I've only been using the inc2 for a few hours now, but when I go back to the inc1, the screen is so tiny and it bothers me.

+1. I was comparing my Inc1 with the Inc2 in-store today, and was actually super-relieved that the overall form factor wasn't that much bigger. Killing the optical joystick let them cram more screen into the same amount of space.

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
+1. I was comparing my Inc1 with the Inc2 in-store today, and was actually super-relieved that the overall form factor wasn't that much bigger. Killing the optical joystick let them cram more screen into the same amount of space.

Yep exactly. A lot of people automatically assume bigger screen = bigger phone.

The inc2 screen takes up good use of the front of the phone, so overall the phone isn't much bigger.

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really sure what you are talking about. Both my phones always show bars, even when inside.
This was a much discussed issue in the Incredible 1 forums. The signal bars displayed had very little relevance to the actual signal. It was more noticiable in weaker reception areas. Phones would show no bars but still be receiving a decent enough signal to make or receive calls. For instance my phone now shows no bars but has an 88 dbm signal

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
does vz have an unlimited international plan for 300/month? i was not aware of that...but that would be great..

No. But, that's about what it would cost me per month to provide VZW service to the user who will be out of the country.

Too much $.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
WOW. This battery life is amazing. I've been using it like crazy for the past few hours now and it's at 85%.

Did you do anything to "prep" the battery - like bump charging?

If not, maybe HTC got smart & conditioned these batteries for us. :)

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Did you do anything to "prep" the battery - like bump charging?

If not, maybe HTC got smart & conditioned these batteries for us. :)

I'm not sure what bump charging is. All I did was pop the battery in, turn on the phone, put on the charger while at work, and took it off the charger when I got home.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the original incredible and I think the build is better on the original. That's just my opinion. I did play with the new Incredible 2 and it is nice, but for the money and what you get, surprises me the retail cost is much lower than the original that was close to 600 at retail cost. Mine is fast and I love it. No matter what, it is a decent phone. I do prefer the original though. When I upgrade it will be to a 4G, but this device is still nice.

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know, after using the 2 for about 5 hours now, I hate when I pick up the original. It actually feels a year old now.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
One thing that bugs me is the power button on the dinc2. Too recessed and thin compared to the original. But so far that is my only complaint.