1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Cool HTC Widgets

When I click on Widgets and select get more HTC widgets, it says 'loading' and then says "unable to download widgets. Tap to try again."

Anyone else having this problem, it works fine on my Inc1 and the TB.

Let know.. thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Same here....no go.....starting to tick me off because I actually kind of like the HTC battery widget!

ROM
    CleanROM

The device might not be in that db yet. I know the Android market web page wasn't identifying the phone as incredible 2 yesterday but rather adr####
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

I'll wait until Monday and then give verizon a call to see if it's another feature they have locked out...

I'm having the same issue as well. The TB I have doesn't, and never did have, the issue though...wierd.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

I got this post replied at the Verizon Support Fourms from a Verizon Support Rep :

I have reached out to HTC on this issue after replying to your message Sugrat. I have tried this on our HTC Incredible 2 as well with the same results. HTC does have this listed as a known issue. They have suggested the normal steps of power cycling, but do not perform a master reset as that has not proven to get it working. Basically what happens when you click on the "Get More Widgets" option, the phone is supposed to connect to the HTC Hub. The phone is not doing that at all. So the issue is being escalated to HTC Software engineers (spent about 25-30 minutes on the phone with their tech folks), and they are working on a patch. HTC stated that once the patch is finalized, it will be pushed out along with an over-the-air update fixing any other minor glitches that users may report on the handset. I asked for a timeline, and they were not able to provide me one. If you have any questions, HTC stated not to hesitate to reach out to them. Their direct tech support number is 866-449-8358. Someone picked up the phone immediately when I called.

I hope this addresses your concern more thoroughly than my previous post.

Default Re: HTC Widgets

its now mid August and I cant access the more widgets still. has this been addressed as far as anyone knows?

Default Re: HTC Widgets

I got it when the gb update came out. You're not missing much though. The only thing I have downloaded from the list was the battery widget. Other than that, its useless. If you are anal about it, try doing a factory reset.