Battery life thread

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
i've noticed upon waking up it'll go from fully charged to 90% by the time i finish my morning shower.
That's the same problem I was having before I disabled auto-sync. My battery is lasting a bit longer with it disabled. The reception at my house isn't great, but auto-sync seems to be burning quite a lot of juice.

My wifi is turned off, all 3 gps's are turned off. auto sync is turned off brightness is at like 15% (guestimated)
I've been using an app called "Android Assistant" which is great. I've been checking out some others of the type, but so far I think I'm most pleased with assistant. Tons of information about what is using memory/cpu/battery, current processes, controls for ALL volumes on one page, ring/vib/ring+vib/silent, one screen to enable/disable a lot of battery using functions (BT, wifi, GPS, auto-sync, haptic feedback, brightness, timeout), and it will also maintain a fully customizable list of user and system processes that should be left alone while the app will kill other processes at certain intervals or on demand.

I promise I'm unaffiliated with the application and its developers!

Anyway, the app has helped me save a considerable amount of battery life and has also helped me to improve performance of the device on several occasions.

Reactions: applejacks108

speakerjones

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the awake time same as uptime nonsense also. I don't see any of the bloat stuff in the usage doohickey, and even so the life seems pretty good. I haven't run it down and full charged it all yet either, wasn't aware that was something that should be done. I'm OCD about the battery, if it looks like its under half I'm looked for the cord. Hehehe.

Going to try temp root to freeze the Verizon garbage and draining out the battery a few times.

Edit: After temp root and freeze, up and awake times are different.

Last edited:

teffe316

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I signed up for this forum just to leave a comment on this thread. How...please tell me...you guys are getting such great battery life out of your Incredible 2's???? I send a few texts, make a couple of phone calls, listen to 30 to 45 minutes of a Cubs game and my battery is easily at 50%. I unplug around 9am and every evening by 6pm I am plugging it in to charge. I don't use GPS or WiFi.

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Stock battery, made it to 76:40 and 17:50 before being at 15% and it asked to be connected to the charger after a little facebook session at the end of the Bruins game. I'm sure it would make it a few more hours before dying

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
WHAT?!?!?! wow... that is just ridiculous. i dont even think i can make it that much with my extended battery. :(
but all good, as long as i can get a full day i'm happy. its not like im using it in my sleep, might as well be charging it.

zlee67

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow, how do you guys get such good hattery life? In the past hour, my battery went from 100 to 80 with light usage, emails and reading the forums here and there.

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I'm surprised it made it so long, temp root wasn't even on, just the titanium backup with no bloatware, zero gps, closing apps after using them, being at work helped a lot because I usually don't keep my phone on me so it sits for 6-12 hours sometimes without a single input.

If you read a little bit about how the new phones charge batteries you'll come to realize that unless you pull the phone off the charger at the absolute perfect time it will always be somewhere around 90% charged.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
what exactly are you talking? a fix for what?

i believe he's referring to the charge dropping ~10% after unplugging the phone

as of right now bump charging or rooting and installing a kernal that allows a trickle charge are your only options

someone correct me if i'm wrong

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
i believe he's referring to the charge dropping ~10% after unplugging the phone

as of right now bump charging or rooting and installing a kernal that allows a trickle charge are your only options

someone correct me if i'm wrong

oh. there are kernals for that? that's awesome.

speakerjones

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Even with the silly Blockbuster app frozen, I'm still getting that infernal PVMtpServiceStart showing up in running processes. I think that's still costing me battery life.

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Even with the silly Blockbuster app frozen, I'm still getting that infernal PVMtpServiceStart showing up in running processes. I think that's still costing me battery life.

Just got my Inc2 about 24 hrs ago. I'm trying to learn about it, so I don't get caught off gueard with problems/fees, whatever. And just general tips for best operation.

I don't think I'm having battery problems, but of course, may be too soon to tell. Based on what I've read, I won't try the bump thing, but I want to be mindful of other things that I can tweak to stop un-neccessary draing. I will try the "Train the battery" idea, starting now, though I already used most of the half-batery life it came with, re-charged fully, let it set overnight, then re-charged to full again, to be sure I had a full charge before errands today.
Right now, I'm using it a lot as I explore, but mostly using it while it's plugged in. But when I'm out & about, I don't intend to do that exploring & tweaking, just normal use (calls, texts, no games, no vids, FB app installed but not contantly open, yahoo mail constantly open & running for my home-based biz)

My question:
When I go into the "running" tab (from the above quote), I did find that Blockbuster app running, and force stopped it. (thanks for that tip!) But I also see other things that I have no idea what they are. How can I know what should stay running, and what I can force stop? had it not been mentioned here, I wouldn't have known about that Blockbuster app running.

I forget which post/page it was on that said about the pathway to find running apps (settings, apps, running tab...) I went there to see what I could "force stop".
I donwloaded Skype yesterday, but saw that it was "running" so I forced stopped that. I don't know if I'll ever use it, but I wanted to have it, just in case, but I can still open it and run it if I want, right?

I see something called PVWmdrmService - what's that? Something that I should force stop?
I see "DMServiceApp" - should I stop that?
"EASAppService"????? (in "Mail" catagory)

I should have a full charge now, unplugged it at 10am, and will monitor battery, as I've seen noted in this thread. I don't think I have a reader to let me kn ow my battery life (unless it's part of the sytem, because I didn't download one) But yesterday when my battery was getting low, I got a message saying it was at 12% and that I should re-charge. Otherwise, I can see the battery icon drain, but not a percentage number showing.

I've already tweaked some things, like turned off sync for news and a couple other things. I'm starting to get a bit overwhelmed, and forgetting how to get to places I've been before to make changes, so I can't list all of them now.

Thanks in advance!
Suzie

Last edited:

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Having come from the original INC to the INC 2 I can say this. I went a twelve hour shift last night with out having to charge on a single full charge and was only at 12% this morning when I went to bed on the standard battery. Not something that could have been accomplished on the standard battery of the original INC, I could barely do it with the extended battery. That is all with fairly heavy use as well because I was trying to restore it as closely as I could to my old phone. It sucks to hear that HTC still hasn't changed their charging profile to allow for not draining the battery once it is fully charged and plugged in but the bump charging is not hard to do and fixes it extremely well.

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
New to smartphones, new to Inc 2, new to this forum.
Just got my Inc2, 2 days ago. I read every post in this thread, and I've been lurking and learning for a few months now.

I fully charged and unplugged yesterday at 10am. I was in danger red and getting a message to charge after about 27 hrs. I'm happy about that. I'm happy that it wasn't 2-5 hrs that I am hearing about phone's batteries.
My use was minimum: about 2 hrs total talk time (in chuncks), about a dozen texts, no other battery draining things. I had stopped some things from running in the background, set my display to go dark after 1 min (I think - it's very short!) I will not try the "bump" method, but I am trying to "train" my battery. Fully charge>>>>almost drained>>>>charge again>>>> repeat several times when battery is new = supposed to help your battery be strong and not drain quickly, I think.

Here was my first uses:
Got the phone with battery at half-life and started using it. It got to "yellow" staus, battery low, I plugged it, got full charge. The next morning, I started with the "training", giving it a full charge. I will do this for about a week or so, and I can update later with my results.

I don't have an app that shows exact percentages, I can only go bar the color of the battery and any messages the phone displays about status (low battery, using power saver, charge now, etc.)
Suzie