Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
Like Tree1Likes

ROM
    Currently Stock w/ Root

I generally keep my phone on from a full charge all the way til it shuts itself off.

-Display
    -Wifi
    -Bluetooth
    -GPS
    -Auto Syncing
    -Animations

& With just general to moderate use I can get 10-12 hrs.

High use 6-8 hrs if lucky.

With Wifi,Bluetooth,Auto sync off I get 12-14 or more hrs.

Couldn't be more satisfied!!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Battery life thread

Quote Originally Posted by thekylebrody View Post
    I generally keep my phone on from a full charge all the way til it shuts itself off.
    That's really bad for the battery. In fact, running a li-ion battery all the way down is probably the single worst thing for it.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hilmar2k View Post
    That's really bad for the battery. In fact, running a li-ion battery all the way down is probably the single worst thing for it.
    Resurrection of a ghost, huh? lol

As to that statement, if you run a lithium ion battery to truly dead, that is very bad for it. That is about 2.7V. At that point the battery may not even be capable of recharging. Luckily, this and all modern phones won't let your battery drop that low. The phone shuts off long before the battery will reach an unsafe voltage. Most phones will not even let the battery reach 3.5V before it shuts off. So dead according to the phone and actually being truly dead are two different things.

Problems can arise if you kill the battery to the point the phone shuts off and then don't charge it back up and leave it unused for a period of time. That will completely kill it, but if you are actively discharging and then recharging right away, that is not that bad for the battery. If the ions are moving around the battery will remain healthy (within normal degradation). It is when you pack the battery all the way full and leave it or leave it completely empty that will ruin it. If not using the battery for an extended period, it should be stored at ~40% charge to maintain optimum health during storage.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

wow I dont get how in the world you guys are getting that incredible battery life...on my inc2 i barely last a day and a few hours usage will get it from 100 to 70 or even 60 real quick...on average with moderate usage i last throughout the day...

whats happening!?

Quote Originally Posted by jasongom View Post
    wow I dont get how in the world you guys are getting that incredible battery life...on my inc2 i barely last a day and a few hours usage will get it from 100 to 70 or even 60 real quick...on average with moderate usage i last throughout the day...

Try checking your setting for display brightness as full brightness will kill the battery.

whats happening!?

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

On that note, what is the general consensus? Better to set the brightness to "auto dimming" or whatever it's called, or just set it to 1/3 and leave it (on the sense widget)?

I just adjust the brightness to the time of day, dim in the morning to full bright in day then back to dim at night.

The Nottinator

I'm at 30% , 13h 14m.

Have run screen about 3 hours and Bluetooth for 7 hours of podcasts and music stored on phone.

Seidio 3500mah

The Nottinator

Over the weekend when I'm not steaming on Bluetooth and on wifi instead of mobile data i get two days on the 3500.

1 day 23 hours 2 minutes at this present time and still have 40% left.

The Nottinator

I think my battery is going bad...

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789