Battery life thread

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Battery life performance is spread over a couple threads so let's try and consolidate it.

I decided to edit this and put users battery reports in the top post to help new comers to the phone:

I havent charged my phone since 6am and its 5:28pm at 80% with heavy use!!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

I was using my phone on and off from Saturday (7 am) into Sunday with 2ish hours of music streaming via Last.FM plus some minimal maps use and was able to get 30 hours. Based on this and using your situation of gaming I think it would easily go 8-10 hours depending on the game.

Sunday :

Took phone off charge about 8.30am, checked email, surfed android central and some other news sites. Streamed Tune in for about 20 minutes or so, made about 3 or 4 calls and played some games (HexDefense is awesome) off and on during the day probably about 15 to 20 minutes at a time.

Surfed on and off for the rest of the day.

When i went to bed at 1am, the phone still had 4 bars on the Battery screen so i'm not sure that percentage is but I love this phone!

Ok so today I actually saw a lot better battery life than I normally do and I really didn't change how much I used it at all. I did notice that it seemed to go from 100% to 90% very quickly but then from 90% to 60% lasted forever. I ended up going home at 7pm (phone had been off the charger since 9am) and it was still at 60%, so that's very good.

I think Forgetful's suggestion of posting the actual Time Since Unplugged is a great idea, so here's mine for the day:

12h 21m since unplugged and the battery percent is currently at 55%

So if you figure that it lasted 12 hours for the first 50% and will last another 12 hours for the remaining 50%, that's 24 hours. Pretty damn good. And like I said, I use it a lot throughout the day.

After adjusting the settings to where nothing vibrates and using it solely as a phone and moderate to heavy texting device, I've discovered I can go from 6:30am to about midnight of the same day. Quite impressive, taking into account the awful battery life of the 1st Incredible.

Last edited:

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
As I have said in other threads, by far the best battery life I have ever experienced on a phone.

I didn't even have to charge my phone yesterday, and now it's 3pm and I'm at 35%!

I can easily last an entire day with VERY HEAVY usage. I can last two days with moderate usage.

mturco

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm also curious what you guys consider "heavy" use. I can get a good 18 hours out of mine with what I would consider moderate use, and that includes: 2 hours of games, texting occasionally throughout the day, an hour of web browsing, taking a few pictures, downloading/using apps, and 2 hours of music.

If I just sit down and use it for an uninterrupted period of time (let's say gaming the entire time), I doubt it would last more than say 8 hours. So I'm interested in how much you guys are using it and what you're doing.

All of that said, it does great very decent battery life, but I don't seem to be getting the extreme numbers you guys are.

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I was using my phone on and off from Saturday (7 am) into Sunday with 2ish hours of music streaming via Last.FM plus some minimal maps use and was able to get 30 hours. Based on this and using your situation of gaming I think it would easily go 8-10 hours depending on the game.

Sugrat

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Sunday :

Took phone off charge about 8.30am, checked email, surfed android central and some other news sites. Streamed Tune in for about 20 minutes or so, made about 3 or 4 calls and played some games (HexDefense is awesome) off and on during the day probably about 15 to 20 minutes at a time.

When i went to bed at 1am, the phone still had 4 bars on the Battery screen so i'm not sure that percentage is but I love this phone!

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Sunday :

That would be 40%

Get a battery widget from the market. They are accurate down to 1%

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Finally got a real accurate test of the battery life today. Same exact usage today as my original incredible on any workday.

My original hit 50% by 11:30am every work day. Today on my incredible 2, with the exact same usage, it hit 50% at 2:53pm.

Loving it.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Finally got a real accurate test of the battery life today. Same exact usage today as my original incredible on any workday.

My original hit 50% by 11:30am every work day. Today on my incredible 2, with the exact same usage, it hit 50% at 2:53pm.

Loving it.

very nice. it doesn't matter what phone i have my battery always dies mid day when i'm at work. usage details have cell standby as number 1 or 2 with anywhere from 25% to 75% time without signal.

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Do any of you guys know how it compares to a Motorola Original DROID? I am swapping from a Droid to the Inc2. Just curious.

Has anyone tested the Google navigation while charging in a car to see if it keeps up or charges?

Last edited:

mykenyc

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea when I'm at school in the basement and its switching from 3g to 1x instant drain. What I do is keep it on 1x only, so at least then I can keep a good battery life and signal.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

egborko

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
does anyone turn the mobile off when not using the phone?...does it seem to save any battery life?

and i keep my brightness a little under half...still very bright and seems to help battery life.

thanks!

mturco

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok so today I actually saw a lot better battery life than I normally do and I really didn't change how much I used it at all. I did notice that it seemed to go from 100% to 90% very quickly but then from 90% to 60% lasted forever. I ended up going home at 7pm (phone had been off the charger since 9am) and it was still at 60%, so that's very good.

I think Forgetful's suggestion of posting the actual Time Since Unplugged is a great idea, so here's mine for the day:

12h 21m since unplugged and the battery percent is currently at 55%

So if you figure that it lasted 12 hours for the first 50% and will last another 12 hours for the remaining 50%, that's 24 hours. Pretty damn good. And like I said, I use it a lot throughout the day.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Please also show your display on time. The LCD uses the most power on the phone, so it will be a good way to tell how heavily the phone was used.