Battery life thread

paradox116

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
It would be really useful if you guys posted the total time since unplugged and Display On Time (along with battery percent remaining) to get an idea of actual usage.
Menu / settings / about phone / battery / battery use

Battery Status Bar by modded logic is a great app for displaying percentages of your battery life.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.moddedlogic.android.BatteryStatus

Why? Mine just 6ish when I was searching Internet.I will check it asap.:'(

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm really sad that I'm not getting anywhere near the battery life everyone else has been reporting. In loving just about everything else about this phone except for the battery life. Just hoping that after a few more charge cycles it will improve

Sugrat

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Bik2101

post what applications you have running or installed, between everyone here, we might see something that is causing your issue.. or it might just be a bad unit or battery, who knows ;-)

I had terrible battery life on my Inc1 and someone helped me to discover it was my pop settings, i had it set to sync every 5 minutes and 3 accounts (plus my exchange was pushing too) and it was killing my battery..

Let us know.....

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I went 6 hours from about ~95% to ~13% last night while listening to tunes, playing on FaceBook, playing Words with Friends, surfing the web, browsing Android Market, playing Angry Birds, chatting on GChat and WhatsApp, etc....literally putting it down for no more than 60 seconds at a time...trust me, I have A LOT of free time out here when I am not at work....my Storm wouldn't have lasted 3 hours doing that...AWESOME

A great little Battery App, almost like MeterBerry I had on my BB: [APP] 27-OCT-2010 Circular battery Indicator with % (No root required) - xda-developers

:cool:

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Bik2101

post what applications you have running or installed, between everyone here, we might see something that is causing your issue.. or it might just be a bad unit or battery, who knows ;-)

I had terrible battery life on my Inc1 and someone helped me to discover it was my pop settings, i had it set to sync every 5 minutes and 3 accounts (plus my exchange was pushing too) and it was killing my battery..

Let us know.....

thanks sugrat.. it does seem like my battery is getting better. it might just be that it has to go through a few cycles so i'm going to try doing the whole discharging til about 5-10% then full charge cycle a few times and then i'll report back. hopefully, i will be seeing much better battery life then. if not, i will post all that info and see if someone here can help me figure out what the issue is.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Okay, this weekend I was able to stay out of the dungeon (work) and had a strong signal the majority of the time. I got nearly 47 hours unplugged with maybe an hour of gaming, some texting, and a few phone calls. I would say pretty light use, but nearly two days of life!

Bryan

mjo421

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I too am shocked by the phenomenal battery life of the DINC 2. I have no "studies" to point to, only anecdotal evidence from my experience, but this is lasting at least twice as long as my Incredible did. At the end of the average day, I still have 50-60% life remaining.

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
After adjusting the settings to where nothing vibrates and using it solely as a phone and moderate to heavy texting device, I've discovered I can go from 6:30am to about midnight of the same day. Quite impressive, taking into account the awful battery life of the 1st Incredible.

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
alright so as sugrat suggested, i'm going to post my aps and settings here to see if anyone can help me figure out why i'm not having much luck with my battery life. I hope that you all will be able to help me sort this out. Thanks

Apps Installed (Besides for all the stock bloat that I can't get rid of anyways):
adobe flash
adobe reader
angry birds
apps organizer
astrid tasks
clokr evolution
docs
dropbox
ebay
elixir
engadget
executive assistant
facebook (manual update only)
fancy widget
fruit ninja
gasbuddy
gmail
go sms pro (running in normal mode)
handycalc
hopstop
kik
kitten cannon
launcher pro
linpack
market
nyc bus and subway map
pandora
paypal
pure calendar widget (setup and updating every 6h)
quadrant
root explorer
robo defense
scoremobile
shazam
swiftkey
tapatalk
tasker
words free
yelp

so widgets i have up and running are:
fancy widget home small (westher update every 3 h)
purecalendar (update every 6h)
clokr evolution (on my lock screen)
executive assistant (as lock screen)

Screen at 25%, WiFi off, GPS off, BT off, autosync on - only syncing google accounts.
I also have vzw and google location services on

I'm not sure if any other info should be included but any help would be appreciated. On light usage, and by light I mean about 50 emails throughout the day and some light textring, maybe total of 1 hr browsing, no gaming, I'm usually losing about 6-7% an hour.

Last edited:

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
15h 13m since unplugged
28% battery life left
2h 30m display on time
47m of voice calls

I unplugged the phone at 6am to go to work, read lots of news and such on the internet as well as played a few games, sent and read a few emails, sent and received a few dozen text messages, still have almost a third of the battery left.

This phone has, hands down, the best battery life since 7 years ago when I had a flip phone that couldn't even text. This thing is significantly better than my original Incredible with the extended Seido 1750 mAh battery and my iPhone 2G, 3G, and 3GS. With all of those phones I had to be careful how I used it or it would die between 6 and 8pm. For a week now, this phone has served me well, I've been using it a TON and the battery has never gotten below 20% before I go to bed around 11pm. So, for 17ish hours I'm using between 70% and 80% of the battery, I say that's DAMN good. I only need my phone to last me one FULL day of anything I want to do and I have to say that it would take a LOT of usage to kill this battery before a reasonable hour.

YAY!

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I am not getting 24 hour battery life out of mine, but with less use i am sure I could. If I have the phone on pretty regularly.. surfing the net, listening to music, and texting I am getting a good 6 to 8 hours with what I consider "heavy use". The biggest drain is really just the backlight. I still consider this good because I got no where near this with my OG Droid. I use my phone more than my Macbook these days for internet use, so it's still pretty good.
I should also note I have only seen the 15% battery life come on once as I usually get paranoid when it starts to get low and hook it too a charger, so its possible I could get another hour or so.

Last edited:

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the 15% battery warning, I've had that pop up and the phone has been fine for another 3 hours. Now obviously when that warning comes up I refrain from using my phone unless I have to but I've still be able to check an email or respond to a text message without issue.

Oh and yes, i disabled the battery management setting.