Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CleanROM

Default Battery life thread

Battery life performance is spread over a couple threads so let's try and consolidate it.

I decided to edit this and put users battery reports in the top post to help new comers to the phone:

Quote Originally Posted by chispa9 View Post
    I havent charged my phone since 6am and its 5:28pm at 80% with heavy use!!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by frankspin View Post
    I was using my phone on and off from Saturday (7 am) into Sunday with 2ish hours of music streaming via Last.FM plus some minimal maps use and was able to get 30 hours. Based on this and using your situation of gaming I think it would easily go 8-10 hours depending on the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugrat View Post
    Sunday :

Took phone off charge about 8.30am, checked email, surfed android central and some other news sites. Streamed Tune in for about 20 minutes or so, made about 3 or 4 calls and played some games (HexDefense is awesome) off and on during the day probably about 15 to 20 minutes at a time.

Surfed on and off for the rest of the day.

When i went to bed at 1am, the phone still had 4 bars on the Battery screen so i'm not sure that percentage is but I love this phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by mturco View Post
    Ok so today I actually saw a lot better battery life than I normally do and I really didn't change how much I used it at all. I did notice that it seemed to go from 100% to 90% very quickly but then from 90% to 60% lasted forever. I ended up going home at 7pm (phone had been off the charger since 9am) and it was still at 60%, so that's very good.

I think Forgetful's suggestion of posting the actual Time Since Unplugged is a great idea, so here's mine for the day:

12h 21m since unplugged and the battery percent is currently at 55%

So if you figure that it lasted 12 hours for the first 50% and will last another 12 hours for the remaining 50%, that's 24 hours. Pretty damn good. And like I said, I use it a lot throughout the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty_3 View Post
    After adjusting the settings to where nothing vibrates and using it solely as a phone and moderate to heavy texting device, I've discovered I can go from 6:30am to about midnight of the same day. Quite impressive, taking into account the awful battery life of the 1st Incredible.
    Last edited by frankspin; 05-26-2011 at 12:03 PM.

ROM
    Stocked out! Whoo!!!

Excellent. I'm curious to see what other folks are getting too.

As I have said in other threads, by far the best battery life I have ever experienced on a phone.

I didn't even have to charge my phone yesterday, and now it's 3pm and I'm at 35%!

I can easily last an entire day with VERY HEAVY usage. I can last two days with moderate usage.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chispa9 View Post

WHAT?!!!! what is heavy use? i do think heavy is a relative term. i know that its been said the dinc2 has great battery life, but ~12 hours and only 20% loss???? wow...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 2.2.1 / CM7

Yeah I'm also curious what you guys consider "heavy" use. I can get a good 18 hours out of mine with what I would consider moderate use, and that includes: 2 hours of games, texting occasionally throughout the day, an hour of web browsing, taking a few pictures, downloading/using apps, and 2 hours of music.

If I just sit down and use it for an uninterrupted period of time (let's say gaming the entire time), I doubt it would last more than say 8 hours. So I'm interested in how much you guys are using it and what you're doing.

All of that said, it does great very decent battery life, but I don't seem to be getting the extreme numbers you guys are.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    CleanROM

I was using my phone on and off from Saturday (7 am) into Sunday with 2ish hours of music streaming via Last.FM plus some minimal maps use and was able to get 30 hours. Based on this and using your situation of gaming I think it would easily go 8-10 hours depending on the game.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Sunday :

Took phone off charge about 8.30am, checked email, surfed android central and some other news sites. Streamed Tune in for about 20 minutes or so, made about 3 or 4 calls and played some games (HexDefense is awesome) off and on during the day probably about 15 to 20 minutes at a time.

When i went to bed at 1am, the phone still had 4 bars on the Battery screen so i'm not sure that percentage is but I love this phone!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugrat View Post
    Sunday :

That would be 40%

Get a battery widget from the market. They are accurate down to 1%
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

It would be really useful if you guys posted the total time since unplugged and Display On Time (along with battery percent remaining) to get an idea of actual usage.
    Menu / settings / about phone / battery / battery use

Battery Status Bar by modded logic is a great app for displaying percentages of your battery life.

Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    CleanROM

I thought battery widgets affect battery life, no? Due to the fact they're constantly polling the battery.

If they do, I haven't noticed, since the dinc 2 battery is amazing lol

Finally got a real accurate test of the battery life today. Same exact usage today as my original incredible on any workday.

My original hit 50% by 11:30am every work day. Today on my incredible 2, with the exact same usage, it hit 50% at 2:53pm.

Loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by dave9851 View Post
    Finally got a real accurate test of the battery life today. Same exact usage today as my original incredible on any workday.

My original hit 50% by 11:30am every work day. Today on my incredible 2, with the exact same usage, it hit 50% at 2:53pm.

Loving it.
    very nice. it doesn't matter what phone i have my battery always dies mid day when i'm at work. usage details have cell standby as number 1 or 2 with anywhere from 25% to 75% time without signal.

Do any of you guys know how it compares to a Motorola Original DROID? I am swapping from a Droid to the Inc2. Just curious.

Has anyone tested the Google navigation while charging in a car to see if it keeps up or charges?
    Last edited by gapi; 05-02-2011 at 08:07 PM.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

ROM
    CleanROM

Signal strength definitely has a huge impact. As I stated my battery life is dramatically different when I'm not in my dead zone of a work office.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Yea when I'm at school in the basement and its switching from 3g to 1x instant drain. What I do is keep it on 1x only, so at least then I can keep a good battery life and signal.

does anyone turn the mobile off when not using the phone?...does it seem to save any battery life?

and i keep my brightness a little under half...still very bright and seems to help battery life.

thanks!

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 2.2.1 / CM7

Ok so today I actually saw a lot better battery life than I normally do and I really didn't change how much I used it at all. I did notice that it seemed to go from 100% to 90% very quickly but then from 90% to 60% lasted forever. I ended up going home at 7pm (phone had been off the charger since 9am) and it was still at 60%, so that's very good.

I think Forgetful's suggestion of posting the actual Time Since Unplugged is a great idea, so here's mine for the day:

12h 21m since unplugged and the battery percent is currently at 55%

So if you figure that it lasted 12 hours for the first 50% and will last another 12 hours for the remaining 50%, that's 24 hours. Pretty damn good. And like I said, I use it a lot throughout the day.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,601 Global Posts

Please also show your display on time. The LCD uses the most power on the phone, so it will be a good way to tell how heavily the phone was used.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 2.2.1 / CM7

Oh, right. Well let me update the whole thing now.

14h 15m since unplugged with the battery currently at 41% (I've been playing games, which is why it's gone down 14% in 2 hours.)

My display has been on for 2h 47m of the total 14h 15m and accounts for 65% of the battery usage so far. (By the way, I keep my screen brightness at 30% most of the time.)

I did some basic math and calculated that the battery would hit 0% in 10 hours if I continued using it as I have throughout the day.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Got my dinc2 today charged it to full then went to work 12 hours later I have 46% battery with screen on time of 2 hours lite music browsing etc. My phone is mostly in airplanemode due to having a week signal at work . For comparisons sake my fascinate would be at 30% now and d2almost dead
    Rooted for life

Ok this seems odd to me. I pulled my phone off the charger around 11 am and its now been 14 hrs unplugged and have 44 % left. Thats all good and everything but my phone sat in airplane mode for 8 hrs while I was at work basically not pulling in any data. And under battery use Display says 79%. Isnt this a little high for a phone in airplane mode sitting in my pocket? Thought?

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    ROM

Yesterday was my first full day with the phone. I took it off the charger at 6:30, and the phone died around 5:15 that afternoon. After hearing all these reports of wonderful battery life, I was a bit disappointed. Still, it's better than my OG Droid. The thing is, yesterday was a pretty light day of use, I thought. I sent a few texts, took exactly one picture, and played Angry Birds. The kicker is, I work in the basement of a 100-year-old building, so the phone is constantly searching for a signal yet rarely pulling one. I have the screen brightness on the lowest setting, but it was still the biggest power robber. I'll keep monitoring.

Bryan

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

should it take a few cycles of charging/discharging to get full capacities of the battery?
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast