Upgraded Onlinefor $149.99

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
My Verizon has been showing me eligible for an upgrade for a month now and my contract ends 1/5/12.
So I go to Costco to get an HTC Inc2 for the $99.99 with the accessories and find out Verizon will not allow it by a 3rd party (Wireless Advocates @ Costco). Sometimes if you are at month 22 they say it might happen but not in every case.

So I go to the store and they say $199.99 now and $149.99 after Sept 1st.

So I go to MyVerizon and run through the online upgrade just to see and it is $149.99 ($160.48 after tax in GA) with 2 Day free shipping.

So I got one on the way.

My original Droid is long in the tooth. It has been a rugged warrior of a phone as I dislike cases, but do put screen protectors on because as hard as I try to put it into an empty pocket, sometimes I miss.

So I'm coming in Boys & Girls!:p

PS, Can I get an idea on how to move into the new phone? Links, Instructions, Descriptions? I have always purchased in the store in the past.

Last edited:

SoCal64

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I went directly to the Verizon store for mine to replace my Eris. The Eris has been a trooper and almost felt sad to let it go. Anyway...I expected to pay the $199 but the clerk gave me the discount to $149. Who am I to argue?..lol. I like the phone very much..very nice design.

shahr

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was eligible for annual upgrade, but wasn't for new every2 until Beginning of July. So, I went to buy the incredible 2 at the store. The clerk sold me the phone including the silicone case, screen protector and car charger bundle for $199.99

thanks.:)

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I went directly to the Verizon store for mine to replace my Eris. The Eris has been a trooper and almost felt sad to let it go. Anyway...I expected to pay the $199 but the clerk gave me the discount to $149. Who am I to argue?..lol. I like the phone very much..very nice design.

I was the same way! I had this feeling of guilt as I tucked away my Eris, kind of like when you get rid of your first car.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I just walked out of the store (a premium retailer) with my Incredible 2 for $99. They matched the Costco price, and I used my Verizon upgrade. I had no problems. I'm anxious to get my apps on there and take her for a test run. So far, a good step up from my aging OG Droid, even if not the bleeding edge tech like LTE and Dual Core. YMMV,

Bryan

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I just walked out of the store (a premium retailer) with my Incredible 2 for $99. They matched the Costco price, and I used my Verizon upgrade. I had no problems. I'm anxious to get my apps on there and take her for a test run. So far, a good step up from my aging OG Droid, even if not the bleeding edge tech like LTE and Dual Core. YMMV,

Bryan

What did you need to do for the price match? I picked mine up launch day but now I'm tempted to walk back in to see if I can get my $100 back since Costco has it right now for $99.

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
What did you need to do for the price match? I picked mine up launch day but now I'm tempted to walk back in to see if I can get my $100 back since Costco has it right now for $99.

I tried that with the phone rep and they are aware of the Costco pricing by Wireless Advocates and knew I could not get it at Costco because of my term date. Sigh....

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Slightly off topic - Anyone know a way to get VZ to let me upgrade a few months early w/o paying full price?

A few months is tough...Call *611 and tell them you want blank phone. When they say you are not due for an upgrade ask them for an early upgrade....if that does not work just keep calling back...You might get someone on the phone that will move your date up.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I told them about the price, and they looked it up on Costco's website. Actually, they just believed me (I originally asked them to match the $99 deal at Amazon), but their higher-ups said, "No go..." on matching Amazon or Wirefly. They still wanted to honor the price as they told me they would, so an employee took it upon himself to look up Costco's price. What do you know? $99! A call back to the higher ups gave them the go-ahead. I wish you the best of luck! For $99, this phone will be hard to beat!

Bryan

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
A few months is tough...Call *611 and tell them you want blank phone. When they say you are not due for an upgrade ask them for an early upgrade....if that does not work just keep calling back...You might get someone on the phone that will move your date up.

And start the conversation of with "I was at Costco and they wanted to upgrade me for $99.99.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
For the record, I was upgrading the primary line on my family plan. My final NE2 upgrade wasn't up until July, but I figured at this price, I could forego the $50 credit. Maybe I'll regret not waiting for LTE and Dual Core, but I'm not completely sold on LTE in a phone, and the tiered data makes me apprehensive. I figure in two years, BOTH technologies will be much more mature. Until then, I'll enjoy my "Last Great 3G Single Core"....

BLAKE322

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Droid inc 2 in the mail

I went to the store and they quoted me $199. They wouldn't match my online price of $149 so I came home and ordered it! Went on amazon and ordered a case and screen protector. I'm coming from a Storm 2, my sister inlaw got this phone and ive been messing with it for a week now and fell in love with it!! Bye bye Blackberry!!

spikbeatz

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I got mine from Amazon as a new individual account for $99 out the door. Then this past thursday, I upgraded my wife's number to the same phone, from amazon, for $79 out the door(just a saying). I was upset since I only got mine a week before and it already dropped in price $20. Needless to say, we got a deal at $79.

Oh and it came with free 2 day shipping via UPS.

I will NEVER buy a phone from a verizon brick and mortar store, verizon online, or a kiosk. Amazon, wirefly, and tiger direct ALWAYS have lower prices and free if not cheap 2 day shipping.

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

So I go to the store and they say $199.99 now and $149.99 after Sept 1st.

So I go to MyVerizon and run through the online upgrade just to see and it is $149.99 ($160.48 after tax in GA) with 2 Day free shipping.

Looked a few times in the last couple of weeks and it's always been $199. Just checked again on MyVerizon and it's still $199. How do you manage to get the $149 price?

kat89447#AC

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I was always warned about those sellers because they also include a separate ETF fee. Is this no longer true?

Wow. I got mine from Amazon as a new individual account for $99 out the door. Then this past thursday, I upgraded my wife's number to the same phone, from amazon, for $79 out the door(just a saying). I was upset since I only got mine a week before and it already dropped in price $20. Needless to say, we got a deal at $79.

Oh and it came with free 2 day shipping via UPS.

I will NEVER buy a phone from a verizon brick and mortar store, verizon online, or a kiosk. Amazon, wirefly, and tiger direct ALWAYS have lower prices and free if not cheap 2 day shipping.

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Looked a few times in the last couple of weeks and it's always been $199. Just checked again on MyVerizon and it's still $199. How do you manage to get the $149 price?

I was looking at the HTC Dinc2
It may have to do with the phone and/or where you are within your contract term.
My contract is up 1/1/12.
My early upgrade was listed as 9/15/11.
I went to a store and was told $199.99 and if I waited until 9/15/11 it would be $149.99.
I went to Verizon on line and it was $149.99.

It may have been a special they were running?

I have returned the phone and my early upgrade discount is listed as eligible. No date listed this time.

carp00r85

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I was always warned about those sellers because they also include a separate ETF fee. Is this no longer true?

It's still true, but only if you sell or cancel the phone line within 6 months. After 6 months, you are free to do whatever and you will not be charged an ETF by amazon/wirefly/etc

spikbeatz

May 9, 2011
Visit site
It's still true, but only if you sell or cancel the phone line within 6 months. After 6 months, you are free to do whatever and you will not be charged an ETF by amazon/wirefly/etc

I'm afraid you're wrong man. Here is the link to the ETF stuff from Amazon Wireless.

AmazonWireless

What Amazon/Wirefly/Tigerdirect do is they get permission from the carriers to include the instant discounts instead doing mail in rebate rubbish but with a stipulation. That stipulation is if you DON'T keep your account in good standing for 6 months, all the instant discounts you received from the vendor(amazon, wirefly, etc..) you pay it back. This is also how they always have a lower price than the carrier.

That might be what you were referring to about cancelling or selling it off. You will have an ETF from Verizon or whoever you go with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis