Incredible 2/Thunderbolt owners - is the sound from the Incredible 2 earpiece better?

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Asking this in the Dinc2 and Tbolt forums. If you've had both of these phones, how does the Dinc2's earpiece sound compared to the Thunderbolt's?

My Thunderbolt earpiece sounds all scratchy and bad. This isn't the hiss some people have talked about, it's more like a blown speaker. I'm on the last day of my trial period and have to swap today if I'm going to. There are other issues, such as weight and bad battery, both of which are better on the Dinc2, but I'm curious about the other major problem I have - the crappy earpiece.

Or even if you have only owned one of these phones, not both, how is the sound from your earpiece? Good quality? Problems? Maybe it's just me.

Sugrat

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I can't say for others but my call quality in the earpiece in the BEST i've EVER had on any one of my phones.

I actually have people use my phone to make calls so that i can show off!!!

And i had the TB for two weeks and it was not even close!

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Call quality from the earpiece blows away my original inc. Not sure about the tbolt though, as I've never owned one.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine is perfect and I have the original. A friend of mine just got the new one and it is lower than mine.

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking I've got more than just a speaker issue. People's voices not only sound scratchy but also kind of gravelly and sometimes computery like a modem sound and sometimes it just cuts out. Maybe it's a signal issue. Just talked to Verizon tech and they were pretty much useless. I think I'll gamble and return it for a Dinc2. I'll miss you, kickstand.

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine is perfect and I have the original. A friend of mine just got the new one and it is lower than mine.

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

LOL not even close. I notice you keep coming in the inc2 forum to bash it. Are you just trying to find a way to justify not buying it?