Random reboots

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone getting random shutdown or reboots? I pulled my phone off the charger and it rebooted. Had my phone on the charger and it shutdown after maybe 30 minutes on the charger. Completely off

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

thecitywelivein

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
This scares me. I switched from the dinc to this because I couldn't install an app, browse the internet, or navigate without it overheating/rebooting. I'm hoping that it's not an issue with this phone and that it wont hit me down the road.

so no, I haven't had any problems yet :p

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
It's happened 3 times so far. One time while sitting in my pocket. Another time I unplugged it from the car charger. But while sitting on the charger it completely turned off. Never had a phone turn off

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Well I know random reboots happen. But when it completely shut off that's weird

Yukstin

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had one random reboot, but I don't remember exactly what I was doing, I'm not sure if I hit something or not, my first Android phone as well.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
i did a battery pull and hope that fixes anything that was going on. i have never heard of an android just shutting down

Sugrat

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I had my first random reboot yesterday, other then that it's been fine, maybe something to do with the global side of the phone?

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
We have a theory on Thunderbolt IRC that its related to the radio. Being that you don't have an LTE radio, the CDMA radio may be what is causing the random reboots.

Or the eHRPD network, which may clear up on its own.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Shut down again. Seems to be when I leave it on the charger for long while after its fully charged. Like overnight. When it's still charging its fine.

Last edited:

steve13

May 8, 2011
Visit site
My Inc 2 has been perfect on this front so far, but my OG Droid used to do this. It would just shut off randomly, not even reboot. But I found that if plugged it into the charger it wouldn't shut off, so I got in the habit of plugging it in every night so my alarm would actually go off in the morning.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Well mine does it when it's plugged in. But last night it was plugged in all night and didn't shut down. So idk what the deal is

Sugrat

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine only seems to reboot if i put it on my car charger... it's never rebooted when NOT connected to the charger and then it only does it when the phone seems to be at a 100% charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood