Let's consolidate Incredible 2 known problems and solutions here

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Let's consolidate Incredible 2 known problems and solutions h

I cannot customize ringtone alerts for voicemail notifications. I can change ringtones for individual callers and notification in general, but the phone is using the same ringtone both for emails and voicemails. Does anybody have the same problem?

Here's what I did :

1. Go to menu => settings=>sound and set your regular notification there.

2. Go to mail program select menu=> settings, then set tone for that mail program.

3. Go to voicemail select menu=> settings, then set tone for voicemail.

I did that for phonecall,voicemail,mail and messages and I get seperate notifications for each one. Hope it helps you out.

mwalker158

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site

Some of my contacts names don't appear in the text message list or the actual text message. Instead of saying John (555-555-5555), it just says the person's phone number with no name. I have the people saved in my contacts, so I don't understand why their names aren't showing up.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Some of my contacts names don't appear in the text message list or the actual text message. Instead of saying John (555-555-5555), it just says the person's phone number with no name. I have the people saved in my contacts, so I don't understand why their names aren't showing up.

thats an issue for me as well. Sometimes when I look at the history, the # will have the right contact name, then a few #'s above it, the same # will have no name associated with it. Def a bug...

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it has something to do with facebook wanting to add phone numbers conflicting with you already stored duplicate contacts.. Or something like that

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it has something to do with facebook wanting to add phone numbers conflicting with you already stored duplicate contacts.. Or something like that

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

Sounds possible! I think facebook has too much control of the phone as it is. The app itself plus fb's htc sense confuses the phones software way too much. Then when u unsync htc sense, it manages to sync again on its own.

It sucks cause i use facebook but i still want to have better control

Sent from my Dinc2 using Tapatalk

BorderGirl

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure if this is a Dinc2 problem or a SwiftKey problem. I have found that if I am typing something into a search box or into a message and I try to delete what I have just written it will paste that word again rather than delete it. Sometimes I am able to delete the word but most of the time it will just copy the word over and over again and the only way to get past it is to start a new search or a new message.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

I'm not sure if this is a Dinc2 problem or a SwiftKey problem. I have found that if I am typing something into a search box or into a message and I try to delete what I have just written it will paste that word again rather than delete it. Sometimes I am able to delete the word but most of the time it will just copy the word over and over again and the only way to get past it is to start a new search or a new message.

well to test it you could just change back to the stock keyboard and see if it continues to happen.
if it does its the phone
if it doesn't its the app

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had the battery cover feel loose on the top corner between the power button and the camera? Mine is not comp letely snug here after only 2 days. Not a huge deal but I wondered how bad it will get over time.

sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site

So all of a sudden my android market app isn't opening. It would look like its about to open and force closes. I would see a white screen and then it goes back to my home screen. Any ideas?

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site

Was there ever a fix for this? This is happening to ALL of my contacts and it is pretty annoying.

BorderGirl

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Was there ever a fix for this? This is happening to ALL of my contacts and it is pretty annoying.
I had that problem too after a software update. I did a *228 and updated my roaming features and it took care of the problem. My contacts will take about a minute to come back after I've had to pull the battery as well.

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site

I had that problem too after a software update. I did a *228 and updated my roaming features and it took care of the problem. My contacts will take about a minute to come back after I've had to pull the battery as well.

interesting. I have done more research and I believe facebook has something to do with it. I factory reset my phone added my one gmail account and it was working fine. I added my facebook and then bam problem presented itself. I went and cleared my Contact Manager and just added my one gmail account and problem was fixed again. It's very odd and frustrating.

guelfi27

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

It's a SwiftKey problem... It happens to me when using WhatsApp. If you pull up SwiftKey in the Market they have it listed as a known issue and a fix is forthcoming. It's a pain and I hate it. I switched from a Fascinate to a Dinc2 a few days ago and it happened on both models.

guelfi27

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

So all of a sudden my android market app isn't opening. It would look like its about to open and force closes. I would see a white screen and then it goes back to my home screen. Any ideas?

This happened to me a few days ago.. I ended up doing a hard reset and it's fine now. Not sure what the cause was though?

Sugrat

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site

This happened to me a few days ago.. I ended up doing a hard reset and it's fine now. Not sure what the cause was though?

Same here, happened after the 'little email fix update' - it was fine after the GB update, if you went in to setup again and try to access your google account it would force close, news would say "you need to login to your google account"

Search and found nothing, so i did the factory reset...

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

Same for me, plus my Gmail doesn't work, missed call notifications won't clear from the lock screen, apps I'm not even using force close. What a mess. I hate factory resetting because it's such a pain to set everything back up again, but people are saying it fixes this problem. And factory resetting fixed my last problem after the GB update, so here I go again. Ugggh, setting up all those folders and shortcuts again. Damn it.

BorderGirl

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

It's a SwiftKey problem... It happens to me when using WhatsApp. If you pull up SwiftKey in the Market they have it listed as a known issue and a fix is forthcoming. It's a pain and I hate it. I switched from a Fascinate to a Dinc2 a few days ago and it happened on both models.

Great to know. I have to go between input styles sometimes just to get one message across. I still love Swiftkey though.

MHB1638

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

My wife and I have DInc2 phones-replacement devices from the failed fascinates. We have done the Gingerbread and minor updates as well. My phone works perfectly. My wife's phone however keeps dropping bluetooth on her and normally its during a call, not before or after. I haven't experienced this yet on mine and have no idea why her's is doing it. Any ideas?

jrcoffey

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I had the same problem. I ultimately had to do a factory reset. The problem seemed to be that my google account was somehow deleted from the phone. I tried to go into add accounts, but the option for google was not there.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

My wife and I have DInc2 phones-replacement devices from the failed fascinates. We have done the Gingerbread and minor updates as well. My phone works perfectly. My wife's phone however keeps dropping bluetooth on her and normally its during a call, not before or after. I haven't experienced this yet on mine and have no idea why her's is doing it. Any ideas?

It sounds more like a hardware issue than a software issue. Here is the check list of things to try.
1) Hard reset. Pull the battery while the phone is on leave it out for 1 minute put it back in restart the phone. If it continue
2) Factory reset the phone set it back up and try again. Go about this by entering hboot. With the phone powered down hold the down volume key and power it on. In the menu that comes up select factory reset. It'll do its thing cycle and you should start up at having to sign into your Google account. If you have the backup selected before this in privacy area of the settings once you are signed on all your apps your wifi passwords ect should show back up. Of it is still an issue after this.
3)call Verizon tech support tell them what you have already done and it should trigger a replacement device being sent out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7