Got Mine, Only Prob is GPS Locking Slow

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Got mine today. The finding GPS is taking a long time. I did take the phone out of Global mode restricting it to CDMA, and Data roaming is disabled, as is VZW Location services. Is all that OK?

shawnluke05

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
My mom just got the incredible 2 and I was worried that her phone wasn't working properly. Her phone is constantly telling her she is another city in Ohio and when she uses any apps it always locates stuff in that area...it then eventually locks in her location.

However, this is a real problem especially trying to use the navigation.

It's like the GPS signal keeps bouncing around the state of Ohio and won't lock and stay locked.

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Go into Settings>Location and change the options. By default the phone is set to use VZ, GPS and Google and that might be causing the issue/conflict. I have it set to only use google and I turn on GPS as I need it and have had 0 issues with the signal.

shawnluke05

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Go into Settings>Location and change the options. By default the phone is set to use VZ, GPS and Google and that might be causing the issue/conflict. I have it set to only use google and I turn on GPS as I need it and have had 0 issues with the signal.

Thanks for the info. I tried this on her phone and it is still picking up locations 2 to 3 hours away. I'm thinking she might just have to go back and get an exchange unless it's a software problem.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Google location services really don't help much the big two you need are VZW and stand alone gps. I haven't had the issue yet it could be a defective unit I would say try a factory reset then move onto a return

junknstuff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
update: I think my gps was only slow to lock because I was already moving when I activated it. From a stand still with little obstruction, I it locks on just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital