Well, Mine Is Going Back

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Gosh Fellas,

I had high hopes but after a day in the saddle I am disappointed and going back to my OG DROID.

My gripes are, and I'm calling it like I see it guys: I took the thing to a store to compare and let the techs have it and they told me it as it should be.

At first I thought it was going to be good. But the more I used it the more I kept getting irritated.

The phone is not loud enough. Ring tones are half the volume of my OGD. Music playback is so low I could not believe it. The quality through my ear buds is lack luster.
Call voice quality shows no improvement over my OGD. I actually was told I sounded like I was in a tunnel. I have to have it all the way up and the ODG I have to turn it down or suffer pain.
Webb browsing was horrid experience on a site I must use to earn a living. The OGD surfs it with ease and I had to try Firefox, Opra, Dolphin to get anywhere but nothing ike the OGD as shipped. And Slow Slow Slow.
The Navigation was really screwy and took forever to find the GPS.
Mercy sakes if I got a bad one, I got a real bad one but its enough for me to return it and wait for the next wonder phone.

And though the Dinc2 is getting rave reviews on battery life, not on my unit. Not better then the old OGD anyway.

Good Luck Guys,

mturco

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a defective unit.

I don't know what you're expecting people to tell you. Sorry you received a defective phone? Just go get it replaced. Something is clearly wrong because there's no way this many people who love the phone (including myself) are delusional.

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a defective unit.

I don't know what you're expecting people to tell you. Sorry you received a defective phone? Just go get it replaced. Something is clearly wrong because there's no way this many people who love the phone (including myself) are delusional.

I hear you. Its probably me but I'm walking away.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Sad to see you go and to hear you had so many problems my experience has been the opposite the browser is fast faster than my d2 running gb, gps lock is almost instant and, call quality has been great. I'm very happy with this phone though the load speaker could be a little loader it is still good enough for my usage

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey Nazzi,

You might try a replacement phone 1st. You still have the option to return it and if you do not experience the same problems then there you go. The DInc 2 is an Incredible phone and hands down is the best phone I have owned. I am surprised that the volume in your earphones was not loud enough.... Hey well if you do return it and wait hopefully you find something sooner than later.

chassum

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey Nazzi,

You might try a replacement phone 1st. You still have the option to return it and if you do not experience the same problems then there you go. The DInc 2 is an Incredible phone and hands down is the best phone I have owned. I am surprised that the volume in your earphones was not loud enough.... Hey well if you do return it and wait hopefully you find something sooner than later.

+1
I had a similar experience with my Eris. Was ready to walk away, but a replacement phone solved everything.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
if you are so happy with your original droid why not get the droid 2 global? stay with motorola since you like the brand a lot.

RazorDroid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the dx2 should be a nice phone I'm just tired of MOTO

+1 I'm out on Moto phones for a while. Wife and I went through prolly 15 D1's and D2's combined! HTC DINC 1 has been a much better experience for both of us, we love it!!! We are due to upgrade in Feb, and keeping a close eye on this Forum for the DINC 2, as so far we like what we have seen/read.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Kids are playing with it now its an upgrade that's for sure but not my cup of tea I just feel as if rather than innovate Motorola is just coping what's popular

Nazzi Muhammad

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey Nazzi,

It wasn't the ear piece volume. It was the speaker phone.