Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RealDogBoy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default power button

do you feel it's difficult to press? If you press the right side of the button nothing happens. I have to hit the left side for it to work...is this how it is for everyone?

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 2.2.1 / CM7

Yes. It's kind of hard to find without looking because barely sticks out. The volume rocker gives me similar problems. Oh well.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

My only gripe with this phone is the power button but its not a deal breaker for me something I'm growing used to and becoming easier to use
    Rooted for life
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

good to know...with my case on it's not an issue - just if i take it off. it's strange that it only work on one side - is that the only way to get to the unlock screen?

ROM
    Stock

I just got mine and am already used to it, mine isn't too bad...I noticed how easy it was to push when the back cover was off, though

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 2.2.1 / CM7

Quote Originally Posted by egborko View Post
    good to know...with my case on it's not an issue - just if i take it off. it's strange that it only work on one side - is that the only way to get to the unlock screen?
    Yeah it's the only way. Remember, there's no capacitive buttons when the screen's off.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

sometimes its hard to click but overall not that bad once you get use to it. took me about a day just to get used to it being on the right side of the phone not the left.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

If you have a cover on it that you got from Verizon, they are recalling them. I got mine and took it back Thursday night and the rep told me that they received an email telling them to refund the original covers and they would be making new ones. I went to Best Buy and got one that leaves the power button uncovered. All is good now.

I had the same problem with my power button and have been watching the boards to see if this was a problem with my phone or a dinc 2 quirk. It also is harder to press with the extended battery cover but I'm getting used to it. What I have found that works the best is that I down loaded the unlock app and I leave the lock disabled. To wake my phone I just press the volume button instead, it causes the phone to beep but it's a ton easier.

I've had the same experience with my power button too. I'm currently on my third Inc 2, the first the power and volume buttons were very difficult to press, the second had a different problem but the buttons felt perfect, and this one the buttons started great but have started to feel less responsive. The volume up button works, but doesn't click at all and like everyone else the right side of the power button is useless. I'm concerned that the problem will only get worse with more use, but if the problem is this wide spread I don't know if more exchanges will make a difference.

Yeah the right side doesn't work.
    It's a bummer because it probably saved them 3 cents so some bean counter got a bonus. Wish I could strangle him. Or her.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

It's no biggie to me I've gotten used to just pressing the button in the center first few days it was a headache but I've forgotten about it and can't remember the last time I pressed the button and it didn't wake my phone
    Rooted for life

I love it, my old phone would pocket dial people when I was on my bike, especially when my girlfriend was on the back, I don't even think she or I could turn this one on and complete a call if we tried. Sometimes it takes a second to turn it on but I'm more concerned about long term durability than that

Quote Originally Posted by 98koukile View Post
    I love it, my old phone would pocket dial people when I was on my bike, especially when my girlfriend was on the back, I don't even think she or I could turn this one on and complete a call if we tried. Sometimes it takes a second to turn it on but I'm more concerned about long term durability than that
    Yes. I think it's hard to press, and but more worrisome is how cheap it feels

Default Re: power button

I specifically did a search for the words "incredible 2 power button difficult" to see if others have complaints about the power button on this phone. One of my gripes is when I purchased the phone I also bought one of the nicer silicon cases which are about $25. The area around the power button has become so worn from the pressure I have to use in order to turn it on that the case is now starting to peel apart revealing the adhesive layer used to attach the silicon to a thinner aluminum like layer..now my phone looks pretty disgusting. I don't want a plastic case because they seem pretty flimsy, however, I don't really want to spend another $25 for the same thing to happen. Really wish the power button perhaps a little bigger or perhaps raised slightly more. Repetitive, small annoyances get to me pretty quickly and considering how many times a day I press the button this is probably enough for me to get a different kind of phone when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo90210 View Post
    I specifically did a search for the words "incredible 2 power button difficult" to see if others have complaints about the power button on this phone. One of my gripes is when I purchased the phone I also bought one of the nicer silicon cases which are about $25. The area around the power button has become so worn from the pressure I have to use in order to turn it on that the case is now starting to peel apart revealing the adhesive layer used to attach the silicon to a thinner aluminum like layer..now my phone looks pretty disgusting. I don't want a plastic case because they seem pretty flimsy, however, I don't really want to spend another $25 for the same thing to happen. Really wish the power button perhaps a little bigger or perhaps raised slightly more. Repetitive, small annoyances get to me pretty quickly and considering how many times a day I press the button this is probably enough for me to get a different kind of phone when the time comes.
    I got an Otterbox Commuter for my Dinc2 and it makes the power button much easier to press -- ditto for the volume control.
    ba_hamilton likes this.

I have otterbox defender series and have the same issue with the power button. I have also noticed as of late that sometimes i will lock my phone and it will lock then all of a sudden the unlock screen will come on.

I use go launcher which allows the use of the go locker lock screen app. Go locker allows you to wake up the phone with the volume keys. no root needed!