Text and email alerts...can't change?

jarhead57

May 7, 2011
Visit site
New to the smart phone era so please bear with me. Am I stuck with the text and email alerts that are only available on the phone menu or can I load different sounds from my computer to my phone and change them? Have the volume turned all the way up and still can't hear it when is in my pocket. Can only hear them if it is sitting right next to me out in the open. Any ideas? Love the INC2 but would like to change this if possible. Any help would be great.

mturco

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Additionally, you can often set unique notification sounds for each individual app in the settings for that app. The Gmail app, for instance, has its own notification settings in case you want it to have a different sound than everything else.

Also -- and I mention this only because you said you're new to smartphones/Android -- make sure you're changing the Ringer Volume and not the Media Volume. They're separate from one another. When you change the volume, it'll say either Ringer Volume or Media Volume on top.

jarhead57

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the responses but I guess what I want to do is download different sounds or songs from my computer to my phone and use those as my alerts for text and email. In the on-line manual it states that option is only available for the alarm. I don't want to be stuck with what is originally loaded on the phone.
THANKS

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
easily done.. should be able to connect to your pc via the usb cord and drag them over to your phone. I would make a folder for them though so you can find them. also download from the android market some type of file manager.. i prefer ASTRO.

danz3113

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Im finding I have a similar problem.... when I got through the settings and click notifications, it only gives me preset options. But when I do it through handcent I have all the other tones I have made. Would love to be able to change them through the phone settings and create different sound sets. Any suggestions on how to add sounds to the phones notification stock list? Thanks!

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
make a folder in your sd card>media>audio called notifications. then just throw in all the sounds you want to use as notifs into there. then you will be able to select and use the notifs you wanted.

danz3113

May 13, 2011
Visit site
This may be a silly question, but does that require taking out the sd card and making the file on your computer? or can you do it from your phone? And thank you!

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
nope. connect phone to computer using supplied usb cable. and select disk drive as the way to connect to computer form your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12