Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Speaker volume Qestion

I'm thinking of buying the HTC Incred 2 but just had a question about the speaker phone volume when listening to the radio online. I really enjoy listening to sports talk radio on my phone but I have read that the speaker volume on the Incred 2 isn't too loud. Can anyone let me know how bad the speaker volume is and if its really that bad. If it is really that bad is there any way to improve the speaker volume?

thanks,
    Steve

About 90% of my calls are done on speakerphone. The Inc2 does have a lower volume - you have to go closer to max volume to get the call up to a useful sound level. I make all my calls in a quiet setting; so, I can't tell you if one is better than the other in loud environments.

The speakerphone on the DInc2 has a more tin-like sound during calls & music playback via the rear speakers. If you use headsets, though, both phones sound the same.

Having used both phones here at home, I myself will still upgrade to the DInc2 eventually. The speakers on the DInc2 are worse, but not bad enough to pass on the phone. Using a headset, I notice no difference.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > Moto X 2013 & 2014
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2

It's kind of a let down with the speaker, every time I get a phone for certain features that's the one that gets sacrificed. My envy touch had the SRS dual speakers and it was too quiet and I think this phone is even worse, I do like how if you have it a certain way the audio seems like it passes through the earpiece because when you're watching a video you want to hear the audio, not everyone else. Oh well

this site once listed premium speakers on the specs list for the Inc 2; so, that added to the level of disappointment I felt. O well, it's still a nice phone. just use headphones.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > Moto X 2013 & 2014
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2

The speaker is a bit of a disappointment. My BB Tour speaker rocked, Inc 2 speaker - meh.

But I am happy with the Inc 2 for the most part.
    If you are lucky to be on an Island, Then you are lucky enough.

i've found my Dinc2's speaker to be totally sufficient-- it works perfectly well for speakerphone calls or listening to music (when you don't care too much about the sound quality, anyway).

it's definitely not a powerhouse of sound & fury-- i haven't used it in a noisy setting yet, but i could see how it might get drowned out-- a tiny speaker on the back of a phone can only do so much.

The thing is, The Tbolt looks like it has this massive speaker under the kickstand. But in actuality, they're using 2 speakers like what's on the Incredible 2. Next time you can play with one, open the kickstand & look at it at about a 45 degree angle. There are 2 speakers under the grill on the opposite side of the kickstand hinge. Granted, doubling the amount of speakers should get you an extra 6dB of sound, but it was kind of a letdown when you look at the size of the grill.

I will agree that the speaker phone is less than either the Tbolt or Inc1, but it seems they will never manufacture a phone that doesn't have somewhat inferior features compared to other phones on the market. What I can't figure out is since it's worse than the Inc1, why didn't they just use the speaker from that phone. Maybe the space required for the global radio and larger screen prevented that.

The speaker on my storm was louder but this isnt horrible.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Yea... not horrible, but if you have as much road noise as my civic does and you forget your bluetooth, don't bother to take the call, you won't be able to hear em.

its such a shame about the speaker phone cause this phone is otherwise the perfect device in my view! I just cant believe that these little querks still exist. You would think that speaker quality and volume levels would be somewhat standardized by now....

Default Re: Speaker volume Qestion

Quote Originally Posted by stevespaz992 View Post
    I'm thinking of buying the HTC Incred 2 but just had a question about the speaker phone volume when listening to the radio online. I really enjoy listening to sports talk radio on my phone but I have read that the speaker volume on the Incred 2 isn't too loud. Can anyone let me know how bad the speaker volume is and if its really that bad. If it is really that bad is there any way to improve the speaker volume?

thanks,
    Steve
    The Droid Charge has THE WORST speaker volume....it like just...up and disappeared...! What the heck?
    I am popping the battery out to reboot...I'll let u know if that helps. And yes, all settings are MAXED out on volume. Hmmm What a disappointment BIG TIME!

Default Re: Speaker volume Qestion

Quote Originally Posted by gamechanger84790 View Post
    The Droid Charge has THE WORST speaker volume....it like just...up and disappeared...! What the heck?
    I am popping the battery out to reboot...I'll let u know if that helps. And yes, all settings are MAXED out on volume. Hmmm What a disappointment BIG TIME!
    Pop the battery out and reboot! Volume is back up wooooooooo hooooooooooo!!!