What to do???

DJFreddyO

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Just throwing this out there. Gotta a xoom and love it! Alas I do love my Blackberry Bold 9650. I am really on the fence here. I did road test a pre release Dinc2 before. But I dont know if I should make the jump. HELP!!!

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
yes - LowFire I agree. but i'm slowly adjusting to it. but besides for that, like LowFire said, everything is much better than BB.

kat89447#AC

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the 9650 and the Dinc2 blows it away.
Things I miss
My easy charging pod, nothing is better than being able to just drop a phone in a cradle for easy charging.
Email is still king on BB
An actual keyboard

Things I don't miss
stupid browser issues
modem issues for tethering
random reboots that no one can fix
OS 6 it never worked well on my Bold and I downgraded back to OS 5
smaller screen
Paint peeling off my keyboard and cracked trackpad after only weeks of use. No I never dropped my phone it was just a poorly made phone.

I will say that the virtual keyboard on the Dinc took some time to get used to and I will always miss a real keyboard, but it's not bad.
Apps just run better on the Dinc2 and in some cases weren't even available on the BB
The phone is more intuitive than I thought it would be.
The Dinc2 has a nice weight and feel to it, much like the BB had.

Make the switch, while you will miss some things they are small compared to the issues that the 9650 had. Unless you enjoyed the OS6 that phone has reached it's end of life and it will not be getting OS 6.1 because they are now calling it OS7 and it is only headed for the BB Bold Touch and the newer phones. I actually liked my Tour better, trackball and all. The Bold never felt like it was finished to me and until RIM decides what it really wants to do in the phone world they will continue to miss the boat on their phones. Androids are catching up fast to the business end of BB.

Just my opinion of course but I had the same problem you did, android is the better all around platform and is actually interested in improving itself.

Yukstin

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I also came from the Tour and I don't regret it at all. I thought I would miss the keyboard but I actually got used to the virtual keyboard fairly quickly. This phone is just so quick and fun to use, the blackberry is just boring in comparison.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I left the iPhone 4 and so far love it. For once I feel like an adult using a phone. Can't wait for incipio to release the feather case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12