1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default VZWPin?

Just activated my Droid Inc 2 today. In the last 3 hours, I've gotten three texts from something that say

"Vzwpin(jumble of letters and numbers here)"

Anyone know what they are? If they're important? What I can do to stop them?

Thanks.

Doug

Maybe try looking in the instrucions forum

Me too! I never got these texts before. I'm getting them from VZWMN and they're always single digit numbers. Called vzw and they said they know nothing about it -_-

bump.

Anyone else getting these? It's gotten so bad that I let handcent block the notifications but I can't block the # because it doesn't have 10th digits

Check this out:

Sync & Connect is a new feature to centralize the management and accessibility of email set up for new android devices, much like the web interface available for most carriers to set up emails for BlackBerrys. It also allows you to converge your emails in to one box viewable online (myvzw) as well as pull contacts from each web mail for convergence of your address books(not 100% sure about this as i opted out and never tried it). It is separate of any push functionality. The client app operating the features for this plan add on is the new version of the backup assistant app.

If you are having problems with these messages annoying the hell out of you or are not okay with VZW hijacking access to your email without your explicit consent (opposite of blackberry) you can call in to remove. Call in to tech support and if the person sounds like they have a brain cell tell them you want to "opt out of Sync & Connect" and to "remove the Sync & Connect feature from my account". That should stop the messages within 24 hours.
    Last edited by mountaineerndixie; 05-28-2011 at 10:46 PM.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: VZWPin?

MOUNTAINEERNDIE
    Man, you are Right On The Money! Thank you very much. Like so much of the things that really don't matter in the big picture -- it is little things like this that build up and make your head explode. Like some of the others (above), I emailed, then called Verizon - never got a response and the support person had no clue. THIS time I used your suggestion and went straight to Tech Support - the young lady was uber knowledgeable - knew what I was talking about - and got it shut off on their end. She also suggested to go in and change the (SYNC) time (to day time hours). Evidently you can also set it so it only Syncs when you are on WiFi.
    Any thanks. Much Appreciated!