Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default GPS issues, fix?

    Anyone know anything about a fix for the GPS/Maps reversal of North and South?

    Thanks,
    Steve
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skuni View Post
    Anyone know anything about a fix for the GPS/Maps reversal of North and South?

    Thanks,
    Steve
    Nope.

    But I did use 'GPS Status' app then Menu->Tools-Manage A-GPS state to reset the GPS and now my fixes on a location much better.

    Does anyone know the proper way to officially report the N/S GPS bug to Verizon/HTC? They need to fix this in the next update...
  3. #3  

    Default reporting N/S reversal to Verizon

    There's no official way to report this. If you want to help, call about the problem, and ask to speak to a tier-2 technician. If they don't already know about it, then ask them to try out Maps on one of their units. Then, once they observe it themselves, ask them to log this as a known issue.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdemarco View Post
    There's no official way to report this. If you want to help, call about the problem, and ask to speak to a tier-2 technician. If they don't already know about it, then ask them to try out Maps on one of their units. Then, once they observe it themselves, ask them to log this as a known issue.
    Thanks for the info! I will call them today.
  5. #5  
    saynt j's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

    Default

    I was trying to get google nav to work earlier, and i was unable to get a gps fix. My droid x would usually lock in after about 10 seconds, but after 10 minutes with the Inc 2, I still had the blue halo around my position arrow.

    I tried it with all location services selected as well.... same result.

    Any ideas?
  6. #6  
    AliceBToklas's Avatar

    Posts
    36 Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous Unity 2.37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saynt j View Post
    I was trying to get google nav to work earlier, and i was unable to get a gps fix. My droid x would usually lock in after about 10 seconds, but after 10 minutes with the Inc 2, I still had the blue halo around my position arrow.

    I tried it with all location services selected as well.... same result.

    Any ideas?
    Lodge a complaint with HTC. We need everyone to do so.

    EDIT: Created a thread on the HTC site here.
    Last edited by AliceBToklas; 05-16-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: added link
  7. #7  
    saynt j's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

    Default

    Alice,

    replied to your HTC thread. Hope it gets something done.
  8. #8  

    Default

    I know this is not perfect, but I saw on another thread about poor GPS lock on the DInc2 to go and download GpsFix from the market. This weekend I was testing the GPS quite a bit and the GpsFix did help. Not perfect, but until HTC comes out with a proper fix, GpsFix does ok.

    Jerrsun
  9. #9  

    Default cool

    cool
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrsun View Post
    I know this is not perfect, but I saw on another thread about poor GPS lock on the DInc2 to go and download GpsFix from the market. This weekend I was testing the GPS quite a bit and the GpsFix did help. Not perfect, but until HTC comes out with a proper fix, GpsFix does ok.

    Jerrsun
    Hold my hand, here. Where is the GPS Fix located? I'm a 'Droid noob, so locating some of this stuff is a real challange. I understand accessing the Market Apps, but what, exactly, am I s'pose to look for?
  11. #11  
    AliceBToklas's Avatar

    Posts
    36 Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous Unity 2.37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverghost View Post
    Hold my hand, here. Where is the GPS Fix located? I'm a 'Droid noob, so locating some of this stuff is a real challange. I understand accessing the Market Apps, but what, exactly, am I s'pose to look for?
    On your phone go to the market then search for 'gpsfix' - drop the quotes.
  12. #12  
    ahmadveg's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    ROM
    SkyRaider Zeus 1.3

    Default

    i just left mine on navigation with all location services turned on. it took a good half hour to track down my location but so far after that it seems to find me pretty fast, been playing with it and so far seems pretty good, if it showed traffic on route i would be selling my garmin lol
  13. #13  
    irock1985's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadveg View Post
    i just left mine on navigation with all location services turned on. it took a good half hour to track down my location but so far after that it seems to find me pretty fast, been playing with it and so far seems pretty good, if it showed traffic on route i would be selling my garmin lol
    Just strolling throught these forums but I do believe all google maps navigation has a traffic view... You click layers and then click traffic

    Also I know that when my Evo may have a problem getting a lock I close navigation and open up 'Maps' get a lock on the map and then go into navigation.. might not work for you guys' D'Inc but worth a shot....
    Please thank me if I have helped!

    Current Phone - Sprint GS3

    Previous Phone - Evo 3D - Evo 4G
  14. #14  

    Default

    Yup, I also have that problem. It finds my location just fine, but the directions are switched.

Posting Permissions