Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default Launcher Pro Question...

Hey guys,

I'm just got a new Dinc2 about a week ago and love it. I've had about 4 Blackberries in the past 4 years and never thought i'd switch. After realizing I've been using the same phone, just repackaged, I thought I'd give Android a shot. So far its been great. The transition from a full QWERTY keyboard to a touch screen almost seemed seamless. Go figure. Besides that, as I'm sure you're all aware, I cannot root my phone yet. I dont fully understand the potential of what that means yet, but I'm hoping that I will have the chance with this phone. Second, I'm trying to figure out what apps i DO need. I keep seeing stuff about Launcher Pro. Before I install it, i'm just curious as to what the benefits of that program may be. I've read a little but nothing too clear cut. Any help, pros or cons, would be greatly appreciated. Also if you can suggest a few other "necessary" apps that may be of interest to me. Thanks guys!
    ioo

ROM
    Stock

Root really isnt important unless you are wanting to run apps like titanium backup, which need access to the protected system files.

Launcher pro is an alternative homescreen that would replace the HTC "Sense" interface. Sense is pretty good in of itself, and doesnt really need replacement, unless your wanting to go crazy with customization of the appearance and functionality of the homescreens.

Recommended apps:
    Astro File Manager
    Beautiful Widgets
    Doubletwist Music Player
    Handcent SMS
    KeePassDroid
    Mint.com
    Fandango Movies
    Network Info II
    Open Table
    Redbox
    Rhapsody
    Slice It!
    Touch Calendar
    Tricorder
    Tripit
    Google Voice
    Thanked by:

Coming off the Droid Pro and having Launcher Pro Plus installed, I decided to try it on the Dinc2. I removed it after a couple of having to force close it on two occasions. Not sure but it may not be compatible and I don't think it is required on the dinc2