profile change when headset jack plugged in

saynt j

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey, sorry if this is not a "problem", but it's an issue for me.

When I plug in a headset, earphones, or any 3.5mm jack into the phone, the ringer setting changes, usually to vibrate. Sometimes, if I have the ringer set to vibrate and plug something in, the phone goes to silent mode. And when the jack is removed, often the phone goes to Ring.

Also, a headset icon pops up in the notification area, and I cannot find anything that explains what it is or how to disable it.

Is this a built in feature of HTC, or a bug???? (The Dinc 2 is my first HTC Android phone)

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I find the same with my HTC DInc2 when plugging headphones in (sound profile changes). While annoying, I'm learning to live with it. Not sure if it's considered a bug, but a fix at some point would be nice.

Regarding the icon in status bar when they are plugged in, that's by design and is the 'Wired headset connected' icon...see pg 24 in the manual which can be found here: Download: DROID Incredible 2 User Manual - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

saynt j

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Yea I figured it was... but it's not really necessary... doesn't the wire protruding from the top of the phone indicate that something's plugged in? I was hoping it was an indicator for some "headset" mode that can be disabled or have its settings changed.

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
It changes because if you have headphones in how can you hear it ring? If you get a call it rings thru the headphones and pauses the music, same with text notifications and all that. The headphone icon on your bar is simply to indicate a profile change and remind you to remove them to talk on the phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol