Verizon Bloatware Removal

ahmadveg

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any luck removing the bloatware? please help and tell me how. i tried app task killer and it appears that they are all hidden apps :(

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Yep, we just have to live with it. The good thing is most of the icons start with V so most are at the bottom of the app screen.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
the app task killer won't remove the bloatware and it is best to not use a task killer on your device.
It isn't good for the battery and overall functionality of your phone.

shahr

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
You could also download Launcher Pro from the Market and hide the unwanted bloatwares from the application drawer.

Shahr:)

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Have you done this? I have seen people on XDA report issues with Bluetooth and other features not working after temp root. I know root is always a risk, just curious if those are common issues or isolated.

I have heard of Bluetooth issues as well, I haven't experienced any myself. I was listening to music the other day fine....I don't remember if I had the temp root in or not though.

Regardless, if you have an issue while temp rooted, just reboot to fix, using Bloat Freez or Titanium keeps the VZW crapware gone. I have done many reboots and none of it is to be seen on my phone anywhere :)

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You could also download Launcher Pro from the Market and hide the unwanted bloatwares from the application drawer.

Shahr:)

Well, that would be the second best thing I think. I hate having them there in the first place and I think some of them run whether you like it or not, but if I can at least hide the icons from clogging up my app drawer that would be half the battle.

pearlmikejam

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I have heard of Bluetooth issues as well, I haven't experienced any myself. I was listening to music the other day fine....I don't remember if I had the temp root in or not though.

Regardless, if you have an issue while temp rooted, just reboot to fix, using Bloat Freez or Titanium keeps the VZW crapware gone. I have done many reboots and none of it is to be seen on my phone anywhere :)

Good to know. Thanks. I had seen that the issues were not resolved after reboot, but I suspect people were removing and not freezing apps or deleting necessary files.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon