1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    ROM
    SkyRaider Zeus 1.3

Default Verizon Bloatware Removal

Does anyone have any luck removing the bloatware? please help and tell me how. i tried app task killer and it appears that they are all hidden apps

ROM
    Virtuous Unity 2.37

To the best of my knowledge you can't until (if?) we get root access.

Yep, we just have to live with it. The good thing is most of the icons start with V so most are at the bottom of the app screen.

ROM
    Stock

Temp root then use Titanium backup or Bloat Freeze

Check here for instructions: http://forum.androidcentral.com/incr...oot-dinc2.html

Quote Originally Posted by LowFire View Post
    Temp root then use Titanium backup or Bloat Freeze

Check here for instructions: http://forum.androidcentral.com/incr...oot-dinc2.html
    Have you done this? I have seen people on XDA report issues with Bluetooth and other features not working after temp root. I know root is always a risk, just curious if those are common issues or isolated.

the app task killer won't remove the bloatware and it is best to not use a task killer on your device.
    It isn't good for the battery and overall functionality of your phone.
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

You could also download Launcher Pro from the Market and hide the unwanted bloatwares from the application drawer.

Shahr

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pearlmikejam View Post
    Have you done this? I have seen people on XDA report issues with Bluetooth and other features not working after temp root. I know root is always a risk, just curious if those are common issues or isolated.
    I have heard of Bluetooth issues as well, I haven't experienced any myself. I was listening to music the other day fine....I don't remember if I had the temp root in or not though.

Regardless, if you have an issue while temp rooted, just reboot to fix, using Bloat Freez or Titanium keeps the VZW crapware gone. I have done many reboots and none of it is to be seen on my phone anywhere

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by shahr1 View Post
    You could also download Launcher Pro from the Market and hide the unwanted bloatwares from the application drawer.

Shahr
    Well, that would be the second best thing I think. I hate having them there in the first place and I think some of them run whether you like it or not, but if I can at least hide the icons from clogging up my app drawer that would be half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by LowFire View Post
    I have heard of Bluetooth issues as well, I haven't experienced any myself. I was listening to music the other day fine....I don't remember if I had the temp root in or not though.

Regardless, if you have an issue while temp rooted, just reboot to fix, using Bloat Freez or Titanium keeps the VZW crapware gone. I have done many reboots and none of it is to be seen on my phone anywhere
    Good to know. Thanks. I had seen that the issues were not resolved after reboot, but I suspect people were removing and not freezing apps or deleting necessary files.