Ringtone issue, and locking up

macjazzy

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
OK, decided to get a new Incredible 2 vs. replaceing my water damaged Incredible. So far not impressed. The battery life does seem to be a bit better, not sure I like this new version of HTC sense, seems harder to find what I want.

But so far the big things are, it randomly locks up. Usually several times a day. Doesn't seem to matter what I am doing, and it doesn't lock up totally. For examply, just now, went to add a widget to one of the home screens. Tapped a blank spot on the page, the options all popped, up I selected widgets., nothing.........tried again.........nothing. Hit back button, that works, tried the whole thing again. Same thing stops at widget, tried to hit apps button instead, nothing, top button sends it to sleep, and wakes it up, home button works, but can not add a widget or anything else. Restart phone, works fine. Happens several times a day.

Second issue, I can not figure out how to change the ring tone. I found the setting, I dowloaded the ring tone I want, it is on some menus but not others, there seems to be different menus for ringtones depending on how you got there, again different version of sense. Anyway, in the settings menu, select sounds, select ringtones, select my choice, hit apply.

Go to phone book click on a random person, look at settings for that person, ringtone set to default, change it to my preferred. If I go to ringtones from the phone menu, my choice is not there, I can select it manually for each in dividual contact, but that is rediculous. Why can't I set one ring tone for eveyone and have it stay.

Sorry for the rant, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yukstin

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If your phone is locking up like that it sounds like it might be defective. I haven't had any kind of lockup issues with mine and I bought mine on launch day.

For the ring tone you want to hit the little paint brush/paint board icon on the home screen, scroll down to ring tone, then hit new ringtone, it should take you to your music folder where you can select your downloaded tone.

Hope this helps.

macjazzy

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I appreciate the help Yukstin, but I have already tried that. I tap the paint brush icon, then scroll down to ringtone, it shows as being set to my choice. But then I go back to my contacts, pick anyone at random and the ringtone is set to default, which is some verizon generic ringtone.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
That is a defective phone because I have not had the locking up issue.There is one time after a phone call it locked up on me but I pressed the top key,and put it to sleep and that made it work again.how long have you had the phone? Take it back hope you are in the 14 days. My ringtone stays as well.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Oh I see your problem here. The paint brush is setting the default. So when you click contact's and it says default its your default that you choose. So when a contact calls you it should be the ringtone that you set. Hope that helps.

macjazzy

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Trigun, thanks for the help, but unfortunately that is not the case. It is the Verizon default, I can tell because when I get a call its not the ring tone I set.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Trigun, thanks for the help, but unfortunately that is not the case. It is the Verizon default, I can tell because when I get a call its not the ring tone I set.

Hmmm what I did was actully go into settings and go to sound, and where it says incoming calls I set it there the first time I did it. So try that and let me know if that works. If not I would take it back I mean you said it is locking up and stuff mine is def not doing that.Where did you get the ringtone? Is it a normal mp3 file?

macjazzy

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
It is a normal mp3 file and I can set it to contacts individually, each one, one at a time. I don't use different ring tones for each contact. So I want to choose one and set it for all.

Regardless, each time I reboot my phone all the ones I set individually to my ringtone, reset themselves to the verizon default, which is some twinkley little bell sound, that i can not really hear. So I miss most of my calls.

Think it is time to take it back. No one else seems to be having any of these issues.

It has been 1 week, if i take it back will I get a new phone in exchange, will they try to reflash, or reprogram or something my phone, or mail me another phone, probabaly rebuilt?

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
There probably aren't any rebuilt phones yet, my guess is you'll get a reflash and if that doesn't work they'll mail you a new phone. All new runs of phones have some glitches

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You have 14 days to exchange. After 14 it is a refurbished. So you will get a new phone. I hope nothing happens to my incredible. I have the original and love it

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia